Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,098 Members 46,941 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Max frequency locked at 1300MHz

Tip us?

Titan49
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Max frequency locked at 1300MHz

I'm currently using ARHD 33.1 and flashed the lONELyX #022 kernel, but my maximum frequency is capped at 1.3 Ghz.
Powersave is off and i've disabled EDP limitation and disabled the cap at 1.3GHz, but i still can't achieve 1.5GHz, can anyone tell me why this isnt working?

I've searched through the kernel thread but others seem to be able to get to 1.4 or 1.5, and I can't find an answer

f_u_006
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan49 View Post
I'm currently using ARHD 33.1 and flashed the lONELyX #022 kernel, but my maximum frequency is capped at 1.3 Ghz.
Powersave is off and i've disabled EDP limitation and disabled the cap at 1.3GHz, but i still can't achieve 1.5GHz, can anyone tell me why this isnt working?

I've searched through the kernel thread but others seem to be able to get to 1.4 or 1.5, and I can't find an answer
Your kernel may not support 1.5ghz or there's a problem with the overclocking app your using.
Give me the link of the thread!

Titan49
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by f_u_006 View Post
Your kernel may not support 1.5ghz or there's a problem with the overclocking app your using.
Give me the link of the thread!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2586808

I'm using LI seria boot img

lukes91
Old
Thanks Meter 963

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
i used it till yesterday evening and 1.5 GHz was working... does it happen only with #22 LI? did you use UV or normal version? have you installed custom apps that can handle CPU max freq? have you tried to flash it again/another kernel/another kernel version and/or another hotplug?
HTC M8 - HBOOT 3.16 S-OFF - TWRP 2.7.1.0 - ViperOneM8 1.8.0 - ElementalX 0.19 - H/K - V4A
HTC One X - HBoot 1.39 - Philz 5.15.9 - ViperX 4.1.1

Did I help you? Hit THANKS
The Following User Says Thank You to lukes91 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Titan49
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukes91 View Post
i used it till yesterday evening and 1.5 GHz was working... does it happen only with #22 LI? did you use UV or normal version? have you installed custom apps that can handle CPU max freq? have you tried to flash it again/another kernel/another kernel version and/or another hotplug?
Used the non UV version, I have SetCPU installed to handle the freq, i can set it to 1.5GHz, but it doesnt go above 1.3, even on performance governor, i've flashed different versions of this kernel, LS, LM, but none let me go to 1.5GHz.

lukes91
Old
Thanks Meter 963

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Used the non UV version, I have SetCPU installed to handle the freq, i can set it to 1.5GHz, but it doesnt go above 1.3, even on performance governor, i've flashed different versions of this kernel, LS, LM, but none let me go to 1.5GHz.
Have you tried other kernels? For example Alex's ones... Just to check if it's kernel related...

Sent from Somewhere Over The Rainbow...
HTC M8 - HBOOT 3.16 S-OFF - TWRP 2.7.1.0 - ViperOneM8 1.8.0 - ElementalX 0.19 - H/K - V4A

Titan49
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Have you tried other kernels? For example Alex's ones... Just to check if it's kernel related...

Isn't it discontinued? Or is it still compatible with the latest version of ARHD?

lukes91
Old
Thanks Meter 963

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Isn't it discontinued? Or is it still compatible with the latest version of ARHD?
It's discontinued, but i think it will work as i used it on ViperX (both 4.2.2 and sense 5) do a nandroid and test it

The Following User Says Thank You to lukes91 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Titan49
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
It's discontinued, but i think it will work as i used it on ViperX (both 4.2.2 and sense 5) do a nandroid and test it

That worked, thanks for that, any idea why it wont work on the other kernel?

lukes91
Old
Thanks Meter 963

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
That worked, thanks for that, any idea why it wont work on the other kernel?
could you post the content of your /etc/init.d/55sw2wake file after flashing lyapota's kernel?