[ROM] [KVT49L ] [4.4.2] [PSX_FatLady] & [PSX-Light FINAL] [Unofficial] [02-24-14]

3rd March 2014, 10:41 PM   |  #101  
OP Senior Member
Flag Beltsville
Thanks Meter: 440

2,150 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny68

Done a Nandroid backup and dirty flashed 'Fat lady' over PSX light and everything went well.

With PSX light for some unknown reason Titanium backup suddenly started asking for root access but just wouldn't move, same with Fat lady , I've attached a screenshot showing.

Titanium backup is a critical app for me for backing up and restoring apps and at present I don't have a backup, and I dare not do a full wipe as I'd have to download them all over again and that would take ages and use up lots of data.

I have tried uninstalling titanium backup and reinstalling twice but no luck.

Any suggestions folks?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Does it just stay at that screen? Did you try wiping data/cache from TI app? Are you by any chance using ART? I'm not sure if Titanium Backup works with ART.

In the meantime, you can try to use Helium to backup the data on your apps or Rom Toolbox.

I haven't had any issues with Titanium Backup.
3rd March 2014, 10:57 PM   |  #102  
Flag Dublin
Thanks Meter: 587

5,551 posts
More
Quote:

Quote:

Done a Nandroid backup and dirty flashed 'Fat lady' over PSX light and everything went well.

With PSX light for some unknown reason Titanium backup suddenly started asking for root access but just wouldn't move, same with Fat lady , I've attached a screenshot showing.

Titanium backup is a critical app for me for backing up and restoring apps and at present I don't have a backup, and I dare not do a full wipe as I'd have to download them all over again and that would take ages and use up lots of data.

I have tried uninstalling titanium backup and reinstalling twice but no luck.

Any suggestions folks?

Does it just stay at that screen? Did you try wiping data/cache from TI app? Are you by any chance using ART? I'm not sure if Titanium Backup works with ART.

In the meantime, you can try to use Helium to backup the data on your apps or Rom Toolbox.

I haven't had any issues with Titanium Backup.

Yeah it basically just stays at that screen doesn't move left it for 10 minutes and it didn't move all.

Not using ART, and all other apps which require root are fine bizarre, I'll try wiping cache and see how that goes.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 10:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 PM ----------

Wiping cache didn't seem to work still stuck asking for root access, I've downloaded app backup and restore so I'm hoping that is OK while I sort this problem out

3rd March 2014, 11:06 PM   |  #103  
OP Senior Member
Flag Beltsville

2,150 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:

Yeah it basically just stays at that screen doesn't move left it for 10 minutes and it didn't move all.

Not using ART, and all other apps which require root are fine bizarre, I'll try wiping cache and see how that goes.

---------- Post added at 10:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 PM ----------

Wiping cache didn't seem to work still stuck asking for root access, I've downloaded app backup and restore so I'm hoping that is OK while I sort this problem out

Check the superuser app to make sure TB was granted root rather than being denied. That may be the issue.

Also, you can possibly try booting into recovery and wiping cache, Dalvik, and then fix permission.
4th March 2014, 11:02 PM   |  #104  
Flag Dublin
Thanks Meter: 587

5,551 posts
More
Finally sorted it, there was no superuser app I flashed the superuser zip file directly after flashing the ROM and GAaps, I was wondering why the usual notifications saying whatever app was granted root access wasn't showing yet strangely enough all other apps except Titanium backup appeared to work fine no amount of wiping cache and dalvik or uninstalling and reinstalling titanium worked so I downloaded Super SU from Google play and now it's working.

5th March 2014, 07:58 PM   |  #105  
OP Senior Member
Flag Beltsville

2,150 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:

Finally sorted it, there was no superuser app I flashed the superuser zip file directly after flashing the ROM and GAaps, I was wondering why the usual notifications saying whatever app was granted root access wasn't showing yet strangely enough all other apps except Titanium backup appeared to work fine no amount of wiping cache and dalvik or uninstalling and reinstalling titanium worked so I downloaded Super SU from Google play and now it's working.

Good. Yeah, superuser isn't included, which is why I included in the OP to flash the superuser zip.
5th March 2014, 10:02 PM   |  #106  
Thanks Meter: 40

190 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by go4fan

Try downgrading to TWRP 2.6.3.0. There have been a lot of issues I've seen for various ROMs with 2.6.3.1.

Hello, i also have TWRP version 2.6.3.1 and i would like to downgrade to 2.6.3.0 can you please tell me how?

5th March 2014, 10:17 PM   |  #107  
Thanks Meter: 2

16 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiven89

Hello, i also have TWRP version 2.6.3.1 and i would like to downgrade to 2.6.3.0 can you please tell me how?

You could download from TWRP image from their site. Use ADB to install. I think they also have a zip you can flash from your current recovery.

Or download an app like Flashify on Play Store and you can download and install from there.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
13th March 2014, 11:46 PM   |  #108  
Thanks Meter: 19

180 posts
I have been running this rom for a week now, and happy to report it is running fast, and smooth. None of the niggles I ran into with Purity, or Paranoid SaberDroid, and I am very thankful for that. Thank you for a great rom that just works, and works well.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to allenrb2 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th March 2014, 12:22 PM   |  #109  
Thanks Meter: 5

33 posts
Hi, jblazea50
I am using your plsx on optimus g, it is great and I want to try it on my nexus 7. Are you going to modify it to support f2fs? If yes, I will wait. If no, I will flash it now.
Thank you!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
19th March 2014, 05:55 PM   |  #110  
OP Senior Member
Flag Beltsville

2,150 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by t99220475

Hi, jblazea50
I am using your plsx on optimus g, it is great and I want to try it on my nexus 7. Are you going to modify it to support f2fs? If yes, I will wait. If no, I will flash it now.
Thank you!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

I won't be modifying anything as I am a noob at this. Once I get back this weekend, I'll try to have an update out for both N7 and LGOG.

The Following User Says Thank You to jblazea50 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread