Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,353 Members 40,673 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Failed to install CyanOgenMod 11, now stuck in CWM

Tip us?

ziedje
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Exclamation [Q] Failed to install CyanOgenMod 11, now stuck in CWM

Hey,

Welcome everybody

So let's start,

I tried to install CyanOgenMod 11 using this tut: ibtimesdotcodotuk/update-htc-one-mini-android-4-4-2-kitkat-via-cyanogenmod-11-rom-1433685
(can't post url's since I'm newbie)
But when I tried to flash the cm11.zip, it gived me an error:

Code:
-- Installing: /sdcard/0/cm11.zip
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Installing update...
set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed
E: Error in /sdcard/0/cm11.zip
(status 7)
Installation aborted.
Now I rebooted, but it reboots instead in android, it keeps rebooting in CWM recovery (v6.0.3.6).
For some reason, my nandroid backup I made just 2min before is deleted.
I googled to fix it, and they say I need to install another Custom Recovery. I found Twrp-2.6.0.0.img but I don't know how to flash/install it since my device will not be recognized on my pc. I can go in bootloader and fast boot but my pc will look like this: (see first two attachments).
I first had the latest htc sense and I have root, and an unlocked bootloader.

If I need to give more info I will give it instantly (I'm kind of shocked that this happened, I'm already googling an hour for this, the most solutions are only for htc one but since it is different than my htc one mini (kernel,etc...) I can't use those tutorials/fixes, some of the fixes are also for other android phones (like xperia and samsung tab 10.1)).

You are a god for me who can fix my problem.

Zied.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	android1.0.png
Views:	354
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	2635669   Click image for larger version

Name:	android1.0 2.png
Views:	375
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	2635670  

ziedje
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Bumping this up, Please, can anybody help?

Aciz
Old
Thanks Meter 18
You need to flash TWRP 2.6.3.0 via fastboot. The problem here is that it seems like you got Windows 8.1, and unfortunately HTC doesn't have working drivers for Windows 8.1. So you need to flash it with another computer.

Sent from my One Mini using Tapatalk

ziedje
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aciz View Post
You need to flash TWRP 2.6.3.0 via fastboot. The problem here is that it seems like you got Windows 8.1, and unfortunately HTC doesn't have working drivers for Windows 8.1. So you need to flash it with another computer.

I have Windows 8. Not 8.1. I had it first but since almost no hardware part supports it and it is bugy I switched back on Windows 8.

ziedje
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aciz View Post

Dude, thanks!!! I thought windows was automatically install the drivers, but I needed to do it still. I found the drivers online, and I was able to flash TWRP on it, and then I flashed cm11.zip. BIG THANKS TO YOU