XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Updating firmware with Custom Rom

Tip us?

sockaplaya14
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Updating firmware with Custom Rom

I am excited to test out santod040's unsense one 4.4 rom when it is released and I wanted to upgrade my firmware in preparation. Will any of the update (kernel or radio) affect my current rom negatively?

I assume the stock recovery is not needed for a firmware upgrade?

currently using NuSenseONE 7.3 but I try out new ones all the time.

O-rangePeels
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sockaplaya14 View Post
I am excited to test out santod040's unsense one 4.4 rom when it is released and I wanted to upgrade my firmware in preparation. Will any of the update (kernel or radio) affect my current rom negatively?

You dont need to upgrade your firmware. When the rom comes out just flash it. Also, there is no official 4.4 update for the one. Hope this helps.

brholt6
Old
Thanks Meter 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by sockaplaya14 View Post

Actually if you're on .10 or older you will need to upgrade your radios at the least, but it's best to do it all. You won't have voice or audio in calls without .15 or newer. You don't need stock recovery. You can just flash the latest firmware followed by the new Rom and be good to go. You won't need the boot.img from the firmware .zip so you can just remove it from the .zip file (without actually unzipping the file) if you want.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Verizon HTC One - S-off'd
iPhone 4 - Retired (thankfully)
Motorola Droid - Retired
The Following User Says Thank You to brholt6 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Jamesdbritt
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by brholt6 View Post
Actually if you're on .10 or older you will need to upgrade your radios at the least, but it's best to do it all. You won't have voice or audio in calls without .15 or newer. You don't need stock recovery. You can just flash the latest firmware followed by the new Rom and be good to go. You won't need the boot.img from the firmware .zip so you can just remove it from the .zip file (without actually unzipping the file) if you want.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
How do I find out if I have the latest firmware and radio?
If I helped in any way please look left and hit the Button