Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,519 Members 38,115 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

FM Radio Help.

Tip us?

wgorham
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Default FM Radio Help.

Has anyone been able to get the FM radio to work on anything other than the stock setup? I have flashed K3, Sacs, and Xnote and have not been able to figure out how to get use of the FM radio back. I restored my nandroid backup to stock and the FM works again. Any help to point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

LMMT
Old
Thanks Meter 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgorham View Post
Has anyone been able to get the FM radio to work on anything other than the stock setup? I have flashed K3, Sacs, and Xnote and have not been able to figure out how to get use of the FM radio back. I restored my nandroid backup to stock and the FM works again. Any help to point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
I haven't flashed every rom you mentioned, so I can't say with 100% certainty, but it's probably due to a mod in those custom roms, to increase sound volume. The increased volume hack, breaks the FM radio.

Sent from my SM-N900P
The Following User Says Thank You to LMMT For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

micmars
Old
Thanks Meter 9,578
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMMT View Post
I haven't flashed every rom you mentioned, so I can't say with 100% certainty, but it's probably due to a mod in those custom roms, to increase sound volume. The increased volume hack, breaks the FM radio.

Sent from my SM-N900P
There ya go, another validation. That mod isn't worth it if you're using the FM antenna.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
"...dismiss whatever insults your own soul." - Whitman
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them." - Louis CK
The Following User Says Thank You to micmars For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JonSCSL
Old
Thanks Meter 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMMT View Post

Sent from my SM-N900P
So I am guessing that we need someone to mod the FM radio apps to work with the volume mod.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to JonSCSL For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

micmars
Old
Thanks Meter 9,578
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSCSL View Post
So I am guessing that we need someone to mod the FM radio apps to work with the volume mod.

I'm guessing you don't use the volume m mod if you want a radio. The loudness and audio quality from viper4android doesn't need an extra kick. It's already got it. Anything on top of it is just distortion.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
"...dismiss whatever insults your own soul." - Whitman
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them." - Louis CK

wgorham
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
I agree. I have used Viper for awhile and the volume mod is to much. I tried restoring the vol mod back to stock and still no workie. Any other ideas?

Sent from my SM-N900P using xda app-developers app

BHurst
Old
Thanks Meter 55
How do you even use the fm radio on this phone? I thought it didn't even have one.

aFoodStampBaby
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 70

DONATE TO ME
Where is it cause I didn't see it on my phone and it's stock.

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

wgorham
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Default Next radio

You have to use the NextRadio app. I think it is the Sprint Featured folder on Stock. Also have to have the headphones plugged in.
The Following User Says Thank You to wgorham For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wgorham
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
I was finally able to get the FM radio working on X note rom. I haven't tested any other apps at this point so I don't know the full impact of the changes.

Sent from my SM-N900P using xda app-developers app