Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,117 Members 47,147 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] att mega

Tip us?
 
kingflex
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Apr 2012
Default [Q] att mega

I don't see many thread on the AT&T version. Do we have anyone actually working on unlocking the boot loader?
 
azpatterson3
Old
#2  
azpatterson3's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 139
Posts: 270
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: St. Louis

 
DONATE TO ME
Had a couple of devs look at it but no go thus far. Don't think anyone is actively doing anything. Just living with root and exposed with wanam for now. Don't know if this phone will ever get bootloader unlocked or bypassed. I've learned to accept that and have a nook hd for my flashaholic needs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527
I count flying toasters to fall asleep.
 
kingflex
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by azpatterson3 View Post
Had a couple of devs look at it but no go thus far. Don't think anyone is actively doing anything. Just living with root and exposed with wanam for now. Don't know if this phone will ever get bootloader unlocked or bypassed. I've learned to accept that and have a nook hd for my flashaholic needs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527
the same thing happened with my at&t Tab 2. Grrrr
 
latinohot
Old
#4  
latinohot's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 169
Posts: 1,735
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: all over the u.s.a
I'm thinking of getting the Note 3 just so I can still have a decent screen size and satisfy my flashing needs

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Samsung Galaxy Mega(rooted)
Samsung Galaxy S 4(I527)Rooted Running Golden Eye Rom
Samsung Galaxy S 4(M919x2)Rooted Running Golden Eye Roms
Samsung Galaxy S 2 Sky Rocket
Root, Running AoCP5.9.5
TILT 2 SPL HARD 0.85RADIO 4.49.25.91/ OliNex WM ROM= Jackos EVO RushLite WWE /Android Rom= XGB2.3.7
HTC TILT = Retired, HTC Pure = Retired
 
kingflex
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by latinohot View Post
I'm thinking of getting the Note 3 just so I can still have a decent screen size and satisfy my flashing needs

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
my son has the note 3 and I just found out he wants to trade phones so, I'm in me too
 
caguas56
Old
#6  
caguas56's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 88
Posts: 485
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
I got the note 3 and love it but miss my big screen

---------- Post added at 11:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 PM ----------

I am willing to lend my AT&T MEGA to any developer who wants to break the bootloader and find a way to root this damned phone!!!!. Let me know who is the valiant knight who wants to venture into the unknown.!!!!!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to caguas56 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Surgeman
Old
#7  
Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 45
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Nashville
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingflex View Post
I don't see many thread on the AT&T version. Do we have anyone actually working on unlocking the boot loader?
I know it sucks....I switched to a I9200 myself..but have a AT&T version board I can switch back and forth anytime...I still have my fingers crossed on development for it...
 
captemo
Old
#8  
captemo's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 971
Posts: 1,404
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by caguas56 View Post
I got the note 3 and love it but miss my big screen

---------- Post added at 11:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 PM ----------

I am willing to lend my AT&T MEGA to any developer who wants to break the bootloader and find a way to root this damned phone!!!!. Let me know who is the valiant knight who wants to venture into the unknown.!!!!!!!
we have root. We dont have alternate recovery

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using xda app-developers app
CAPT. EMO Senior Member
Samsung Infuse i997.......retired
Samsung Galaxy Note i717.......semi retired
Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 i527.......active duty

 
johnw91498
Old
#9  
Member
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 83
Join Date: Aug 2011
I've pretty much given up on the device.

Hoping there'll be a Mega 2 or another Samsung device with a 6 inch plus screen.
 
delock
Old
#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 100
Join Date: Sep 2009
How did they break the bootloader on the note 3?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using XDA Premium HD app

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Pale Moon Browser Ported to Android

Having a wide choice of third party applications is one of the most beautiful things that Android has to … more

Partial Android Wear Source Uploaded to AOSP

2014 is certainly shaping up to be theyear of the wearables. And thanks to its innovative … more

Street Panorama Combines Google Maps and Street View into One App

Google Maps is a must have application forevery amateur world explorer. … more

XDA Behind the Scenes, Part 3

This is the last part of a series of articles that reveals some of the processes, technology, and systems that … more