Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,386 Members 52,279 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Phone on 4.4.2 won't work properly until 2 minutes after boot

Tip us?

Dabreaker9
Old
(Last edited by Dabreaker9; 19th March 2014 at 07:52 PM.) Reason: Forgot to thank ted77usa for the ROM (and additional details)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [Q] Phone on 4.4.2 won't work properly until 2 minutes after boot

Hi, going to make it short:

Whenever I start my phone, it takes 2 minutes for sound, wifi, widgets and whatnot to properly work. This only happened after I updated to KitKat (OTA). What could be wrong?
It's not that big of a problem, but it's weird how updating caused it.

If it matters, I had the leaked 4.4.2 ROM for AT&T and used ted77usa's 4.3 ROM so I could update to the official 4.4.2. (thanks, ted!)

wd4oay
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Default long time to boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabreaker9 View Post
Hi, going to make it short:

Whenever I start my phone, it takes 2 minutes for sound, wifi, widgets and whatnot to properly work. This only happened after I updated to KitKat (OTA). What could be wrong?
It's not that big of a problem, but it's weird how updating caused it.

If it matters, I had the leaked 4.4.2 ROM for AT&T and used ted77usa's 4.3 ROM so I could update to the official 4.4.2. (thanks, ted!)

If you have an external SD card installed it seems to take longer to boot initially in order to read the card for some reason. As long as it becomes normal after about two minutes, it should be ok. I've rarely had to reboot since installing the official kitkat update.
The Following User Says Thank You to wd4oay For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Dabreaker9
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by wd4oay View Post
If you have an external SD card installed it seems to take longer to boot initially in order to read the card for some reason. As long as it becomes normal after about two minutes, it should be ok. I've rarely had to reboot since installing the official kitkat update.
That's really weird. Hope that gets patched soon...

Thanks

Gage_Hero
Old
Thanks Meter 190
I am running Danvh's kitkat rom with a sd card and I can make a call right after the phone comes off the boot screen. I would try booting it without the sd card and see if that makes a difference....
Telus Galaxy S4 - Stock 4.3 to
[ROM] Maple leaf iBASTiD if ya aint tried it.... you should... Go Canada... Go iBASTiD......
Tags
4.4, boot, delay, kitkat, startup