Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,924 Members 44,950 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Have you had this problem?
After OTA JB Update? 2 100.00%
After flashing Custom Rom? 1 50.00%
After Rooting? 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

[Q] Samsung Galaxy 3 Boots from SD but not phone

Tip us?

xtaski
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Booting from external SD only sgh-i747

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_nu View Post
if you want a (recovery)cwm tar theres one in the root thread
you can run a bootloader with a different recovery. thats why its labled it doesnt have the stock recovery. or it may be labeled that because it needs to be flashed in CWM

---------- Post added at 11:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

try to flash this in CWM after booting to recovery with the debrickSD to do this you can boot with the sd and download itor, transfer via mtp

http://www.mediafire.com/download/9y...47MVLUEMK5.zip

Tried this and had to restore 4.3 loader.
Here is the problem
The phone is now fully back to 4.3 which the OTA upgraded it to.
The phone works 100% when booted from Debrickjb external sd card all functions work on the phone from the phones OS not the SD Card.
The problem is I am unable to boot the phone without the SD Card. The power button does nothing. When i reinsert the debrickjb image SD Card after a minute or two I can power on and boot normally or into recovery.
I have tried the bootloaders mentioned but none work except the d2att_JB bootloader for 4.3.
I understand the efuse problem with trying to go back to 4.12 may be part of the problem but have wiped and reinstalled the 4.3 roms and have the phone working with the only problem it will not power up without the SD Card. Since it powers fine off the 2nd boot option I know its not the button itself and have tried to find a code or software solution for days now.
Any ideas out there?
TIA
Rob

xtaski
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Hardbricked using the file

Quote:
if you want a (recovery)cwm tar theres one in the root thread
you can run a bootloader with a different recovery. thats why its labled it doesnt have the stock recovery. or it may be labeled that because it needs to be flashed in CWM

---------- Post added at 11:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

try to flash this in CWM after booting to recovery with the debrickSD to do this you can boot with the sd and download itor, transfer via mtp

This caused a hardbrick. Can't load from SD anymore. Looks like a Jtag to get back to SD Load problem

Andy_nu
Old
Thanks Meter 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtaski View Post
This caused a hardbrick. Can't load from SD anymore. Looks like a Jtag to get back to SD Load problem
odd since this is what i used to get it working on mine. try to recreate the sdbrick.img

xtaski
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Tried a different 16g SD card with debrick image

Quote:
odd since this is what i used to get it working on mine. try to recreate the sdbrick.img
No luck with the new image card either. The Bootloader hard bricked the phone.

Andy_nu
Old
Thanks Meter 250
Quote:
No luck with the new image card either. The Bootloader hard bricked the phone.
huh. i can brick my phoneby flashing a bootloader and the only life i get is the red light with the charger in and the battery pulled. put the 4.3debrickSD in boot to recovery flash mjb bootloader and boot right up from the device. i guess you just had bad luck. im sorry bro.

xtaski
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Thanks for the attempt

Quote:
huh. i can brick my phoneby flashing a bootloader and the only life i get is the red light with the charger in and the battery pulled. put the 4.3debrickSD in boot to recovery flash mjb bootloader and boot right up from the device. i guess you just had bad luck. im sorry bro.
I know better than to flash a non stock rom for the model but got to the point of wtf why not try
I'll Jtag and update.

Andy_nu
Old
Thanks Meter 250
Quote:
I know better than to flash a non stock rom for the model but got to the point of wtf why not try
I'll Jtag and update.
glad you got a jtag service(no jtag service in amarillo tx) my last one was about 3 days from warranty and samsung fixed it before the debrick sd came out. so i bricked it again to see what would happen and it worked. but sometimes i guess if we didnt want problems we shouldnt be tinkering with our devices!

xtaski
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Jtag Fixed problem

The last option was to jtag & it restored to JB 4.3 fine.
I know better than to flash non version specific roms but was surprised the Canadian Version for the carrier that runs ATT in Canada would hard brick.
Thanks for the help.

iBowToAndroid
Old
Thanks Meter 99
Quote:

Quote:
xtaski - that was a bootloader for the M version. You have a U version (ATT). Andy gave you a bad link, but be careful reading next time
ghostvzwdev (stock rooted)
m7spr (stock rooted)
manta (stock rooted)
Follow me on Twitter
Email/Hangouts
Google+