Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
View Poll Results: Have you had this problem?
After OTA JB Update? 3 100.00%
After flashing Custom Rom? 1 33.33%
After Rooting? 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

[Q] Samsung Galaxy 3 Boots from SD but not phone

OP xtaski

20th January 2014, 06:41 PM   |  #11  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
More
Booting from external SD only sgh-i747
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_nu

if you want a (recovery)cwm tar theres one in the root thread
you can run a bootloader with a different recovery. thats why its labled it doesnt have the stock recovery. or it may be labeled that because it needs to be flashed in CWM

---------- Post added at 11:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

try to flash this in CWM after booting to recovery with the debrickSD to do this you can boot with the sd and download itor, transfer via mtp

http://www.mediafire.com/download/9y...47MVLUEMK5.zip

Tried this and had to restore 4.3 loader.
Here is the problem
The phone is now fully back to 4.3 which the OTA upgraded it to.
The phone works 100% when booted from Debrickjb external sd card all functions work on the phone from the phones OS not the SD Card.
The problem is I am unable to boot the phone without the SD Card. The power button does nothing. When i reinsert the debrickjb image SD Card after a minute or two I can power on and boot normally or into recovery.
I have tried the bootloaders mentioned but none work except the d2att_JB bootloader for 4.3.
I understand the efuse problem with trying to go back to 4.12 may be part of the problem but have wiped and reinstalled the 4.3 roms and have the phone working with the only problem it will not power up without the SD Card. Since it powers fine off the 2nd boot option I know its not the button itself and have tried to find a code or software solution for days now.
Any ideas out there?
TIA
Rob
20th January 2014, 09:55 PM   |  #12  
OP Junior Member

11 posts
More
Hardbricked using the file
Quote:

if you want a (recovery)cwm tar theres one in the root thread
you can run a bootloader with a different recovery. thats why its labled it doesnt have the stock recovery. or it may be labeled that because it needs to be flashed in CWM

---------- Post added at 11:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

try to flash this in CWM after booting to recovery with the debrickSD to do this you can boot with the sd and download itor, transfer via mtp

This caused a hardbrick. Can't load from SD anymore. Looks like a Jtag to get back to SD Load problem
21st January 2014, 12:23 AM   |  #13  
Oklahoma
Thanks Meter: 250

689 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtaski

This caused a hardbrick. Can't load from SD anymore. Looks like a Jtag to get back to SD Load problem

odd since this is what i used to get it working on mine. try to recreate the sdbrick.img
21st January 2014, 12:43 AM   |  #14  
OP Junior Member

11 posts
More
Tried a different 16g SD card with debrick image
Quote:

odd since this is what i used to get it working on mine. try to recreate the sdbrick.img

No luck with the new image card either. The Bootloader hard bricked the phone.
21st January 2014, 02:27 AM   |  #15  
Oklahoma

689 posts
More
Quote:

No luck with the new image card either. The Bootloader hard bricked the phone.

huh. i can brick my phoneby flashing a bootloader and the only life i get is the red light with the charger in and the battery pulled. put the 4.3debrickSD in boot to recovery flash mjb bootloader and boot right up from the device. i guess you just had bad luck. im sorry bro.
21st January 2014, 03:52 PM   |  #16  
OP Junior Member

11 posts
More
Thanks for the attempt
Quote:

huh. i can brick my phoneby flashing a bootloader and the only life i get is the red light with the charger in and the battery pulled. put the 4.3debrickSD in boot to recovery flash mjb bootloader and boot right up from the device. i guess you just had bad luck. im sorry bro.

I know better than to flash a non stock rom for the model but got to the point of wtf why not try
I'll Jtag and update.
21st January 2014, 10:29 PM   |  #17  
Oklahoma

689 posts
More
Quote:

I know better than to flash a non stock rom for the model but got to the point of wtf why not try
I'll Jtag and update.

glad you got a jtag service(no jtag service in amarillo tx) my last one was about 3 days from warranty and samsung fixed it before the debrick sd came out. so i bricked it again to see what would happen and it worked. but sometimes i guess if we didnt want problems we shouldnt be tinkering with our devices!
27th January 2014, 07:57 PM   |  #18  
OP Junior Member

11 posts
More
Jtag Fixed problem
The last option was to jtag & it restored to JB 4.3 fine.
I know better than to flash non version specific roms but was surprised the Canadian Version for the carrier that runs ATT in Canada would hard brick.
Thanks for the help.
19th March 2014, 10:02 PM   |  #19  
Flag Twin Cities MN
Thanks Meter: 113

752 posts
More
Quote:

Quote:

xtaski - that was a bootloader for the M version. You have a U version (ATT). Andy gave you a bad link, but be careful reading next time

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread