FORUMS

Huawei To Sell Honor Smartphones Via Indian Retail Outlets

World’s fourth largest smartphone maker Huawei plans to now sell its … more

Sunday Debate: Are Smaller Bezels Better or Worth It?

Bezels have been getting smaller and smaller as the years go by, and while devices … more

LG G4 First Impressions and Unboxing – XDA TV

The latest in LG’s signature line of “G phones” has been released. … more

Galaxy S6 Weekly Shooting Challenge

Over in our forums this weekend, XDA Forum member DevonSloan has started a thread for talented … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

sooo, let me get this straight about the nook color...

6th January 2014, 09:03 PM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
i did the sd card theory with my nook color. i did 10.0, 10.2, 7.2. they all work great, wifi works, touch works, etc... but am i supposed to actually install it to the internal storage and wipe/format the nook itself or just run it off the sd card? if i am supposed to install it to the internal storage and wipe my nook then how do i do it?

thanks in advance...
 
 
6th January 2014, 09:20 PM |#2  
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmikes

i did the sd card theory with my nook color. i did 10.0, 10.2, 7.2. they all work great, wifi works, touch works, etc... but am i supposed to actually install it to the internal storage and wipe/format the nook itself or just run it off the sd card? if i am supposed to install it to the internal storage and wipe my nook then how do i do it?

thanks in advance...

That solely depends on what you *want* to do. You have the *option* of installing it to internal storage (emmc), but you do not *have* to do it that way. You can have a dual boot system with stock internally and CM on sdcard. Of course, you can also do the reverse.

Check out

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8#post25354258

For more info.
6th January 2014, 09:22 PM |#3  
leapinlar's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,792
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmikes

i did the sd card theory with my nook color. i did 10.0, 10.2, 7.2. they all work great, wifi works, touch works, etc... but am i supposed to actually install it to the internal storage and wipe/format the nook itself or just run it off the sd card? if i am supposed to install it to the internal storage and wipe my nook then how do i do it?

thanks in advance...

I don't know what you mean by "supposed to". There is no "supposed to". It is your choice. Run it on SD like you said you did or choose to put it on internal memory. It works either way.

Sent from my SCH-i705 using XDA Premium HD app
7th March 2014, 07:34 PM |#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar

I don't know what you mean by "supposed to". There is no "supposed to". It is your choice. Run it on SD like you said you did or choose to put it on internal memory. It works either way.

Sent from my SCH-i705 using XDA Premium HD app

Does it run faster on the internal memory? Not that I am expecting a speed demon.
7th March 2014, 08:50 PM |#5  
leapinlar's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,792
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by miatapaul

Does it run faster on the internal memory? Not that I am expecting a speed demon.

Only if you have a bad SD. If you have a good SD you will notice no real improvement going to internal.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
7th March 2014, 09:31 PM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar

Only if you have a bad SD. If you have a good SD you will notice no real improvement going to internal.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app

I am stopping off at Radio Shack (strangely one of the cheapest local sources and generally have real SanDisk) on my way home. Not sure if my Kingston one is giving me issues.
8th March 2014, 02:34 PM |#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I got a sandisk and now it is working much better.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
15th March 2014, 04:57 PM |#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by miatapaul

Does it run faster on the internal memory? Not that I am expecting a speed demon.

As others have said, there's no speed difference and the choice is yours. I chose to move from SD to EMMC (internal) because I wanted to free up the SD for extra storage capability, so moving the operating system to the internal was my reason..
19th March 2014, 09:22 PM |#9  
serine's Avatar
Junior Member
USA
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomtastic

As others have said, there's no speed difference and the choice is yours. I chose to move from SD to EMMC (internal) because I wanted to free up the SD for extra storage capability, so moving the operating system to the internal was my reason..

Since I mainly use the SD card to store large books and encyclopedias, I have a class 4 SD. There was definitely a noticeable speed movement moving to boot from SD to EMMC.

Then again, most new SD cards are class 10.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes