Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,106 Members 40,712 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] device bricked with no access to recovery

Tip us?

MasterLinuxer
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 104
Default [Q] device bricked with no access to recovery

Hey all.

So my friend cried to me as I am the "expert" guy in my friends circle about his phone not functioning. I've tried to search about it, of course, but I am a total noob at phones that aren't Nexus so I'm sorry if I make stupid mistakes.

He told me he was trying to move from Stock to CM11 and that caused to device not booting up (shows a picture of a dead android) and recovery not accessible (says something like "this mode is for data backup.."). He claims he had Root and custom recovery but I'm not sure about his BL status..

When trying to hard reset, it shows a "thinking android" but quickly after it tries to boot and gets to the dead android again. I also tried to connect it to the PC with an LG software but it doesn't recognize it..

I'm pretty much out of ideas and the fact that this phone is not familiar to me doesn't help at all.

Thanks very much in advance, any help will be great.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

BajoPrimate
Old
(Last edited by BajoPrimate; 20th March 2014 at 02:04 AM.)
Thanks Meter 207
Hi MasterLinuxer, you could try this:
From cmahendra's guide (FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions) http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=40483954
Quote:
Download LG Mobile Support Tool and do the following steps:
..1. Remove the battery and the USB cable from phone.
..2. Without the battery, plug the USB cable and connect the PC to the phone with USB cable.
..3. Press and hold (VolumeUp) key and press (Power) key for 2/3 secs. You should see "S/W Upgrade" on the screen after a few seconds.
..4. Re-insert the battery in the phone.
..5. Start LG Mobile Support Tool(B2CAppSetup.exe), let it find the phone (and load drivers) and start the software update.
**Navigate to Update/Tools and there select Upgrade Recovery .
Cheers . Good luck.

Sent from my LG P76020L-EUR-XX unlocked and rooted
"The cost is never discussed at the outset"
L9 P76020P-EUR-XX unlocked & rooted
GT-S5830 on ROM-NVKY-KITKAT-RC1
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BajoPrimate For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]