Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,261 Members 51,465 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Verizon Galaxy S4 (SCH-I545) Build JSSI5J.I545VRUEMK2

Tip us?

xanuri
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Verizon Galaxy S4 (SCH-I545) Build JSSI5J.I545VRUEMK2

Okay, I just replaced my Google Galaxy Nexus with the Verizon Galaxy S4 (SCH-I545) Build JSSI5J.I545VRUEMK2

first I downloaded the odin and stock rom to have on hand, just in case...
I first tested to see if I could use odin to go from stock rom to stock rom, just as a test and we are all set there..
second I rooted the phone...awesome great, right? Wrong
after rooting and confirming root with root checker, I loaded Rom Manager, flashed it with the latest recovery...rebooted to recovery and bam I get an error message "android system recovery <3e>"
I have even manually downloaded the recovery from CWM

I have tried rooting with both saferoot&disableKNOX as well as I545ALL-IN-ONE-TOOL, the VerizonGalaxyS4RootMDK, and I have done the LOKI method, I still get the same recovery error message.

So as far as I can get is a rooted device, I cannot get a custom recovery loaded successfully even though CWM say the flash is successful

Anyone, have any ideas where I am going wrong? this is driving me crazy and I am pulling all my hair out...oh wait, I don't have any...lol

Please help, it would be much appreciated!

firemex
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanuri View Post
Okay, I just replaced my Google Galaxy Nexus with the Verizon Galaxy S4 (SCH-I545) Build JSSI5J.I545VRUEMK2

I first tested to see if I could use odin to go from stock rom to stock rom, just as a test and we are all set there..
after rooting and confirming root with root checker, I loaded Rom Manager, flashed it with the latest recovery...rebooted to recovery and bam I get an error message "android system recovery <3e>"

I have tried rooting with both saferoot&disableKNOX as well as I545ALL-IN-ONE-TOOL, the VerizonGalaxyS4RootMDK, and I have done the LOKI method, I still get the same recovery error message.

So as far as I can get is a rooted device, I cannot get a custom recovery loaded successfully even though CWM say the flash is successful

Anyone, have any ideas where I am going wrong? this is driving me crazy and I am pulling all my hair out...oh wait, I don't have any...lol

Have you tried UNLOCKING your device first? Sometimes this happens when the phone is locked to a certain company and when you try to do custom roms they aren't successful sometimes due just this fact, at least for me this worked on my Verizon S4 (I don't care much about warranties anymore once I change roms)

Hope this works

xanuri
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by firemex View Post
Have you tried UNLOCKING your device first? Sometimes this happens when the phone is locked to a certain company and when you try to do custom roms they aren't successful sometimes due just this fact, at least for me this worked on my Verizon S4 (I don't care much about warranties anymore once I change roms)

Hope this works
after rooting and during boot, I get the "Samsung Custom" with a unlocked padlock screen...so I assume that means it is unlocked??

xanuri
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by firemex View Post

Hope this works
Or are you talking about CARRIER unlocking the SIM? If so do you happen to have a reference for doing this to a Verizon Phone?

kasrawis
Old
Thanks Meter 185

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanuri View Post

i got exact same problem only i can root my device so far any solution ?

pewds
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Verizon locked bootloaders. I tried this with twrp and had that issue too

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app