Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,393 Members 53,687 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Samsung Book Cover case

Tip us?

AstroDigital
Old
(Last edited by AstroDigital; 13th March 2014 at 08:47 PM.) Reason: update
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 42
Default Samsung Book Cover case

Are they a rip off?
$100 dollars is something I am willing to pay for protection that works and quality.
This book cover case looks cheap and say if you fold it open will it not block the camera?

A $20 case, oh great but does it fall apart or scratch you device?
The device cost me $750, I do not want to be cheap with the cover.

Decided to buy one anyway, blocking the camera seems stupid but the tablet is not going to take many pictures

ExtremeRyno
Old
(Last edited by ExtremeRyno; 14th March 2014 at 12:07 AM.)
Thanks Meter 93
I wouldn't waste my money on a genuine Samsung cover when I could pick up something identical made from identical materials by the exact same workers in the exact same factory....but just skipped the guy that attaches the "Samsung" logo.

I am 100% willing, however, to throw money at Oberon Design if they decide to make a case for the Pro...Mmm..

Oh, oh, or if Tuff-luv ever comes out with a Eco-nique natural hemp cover for it. That'd be freaking sweet. I love the one I've got on my Kindle.
Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 Gatsrom Debloated
HTC One X Team Venom ViperXL

vagelis
Old
Thanks Meter 43
BuyDig.com sells the original Samsung case for 59.99. At first I hesitated buying it, but after reading all the poor reviews and comments on the third party products, I decided to get it.
I must say, I am very glad I did. The feel is definitelly premium, and replicating the soft leather plastic feel of the tablet's back. It is also quite thin, not adding any significant bulk overall. Highly recommended, if you can spring for it.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

rainby
Old
Thanks Meter 4
bh photo has it for free if u buy a note pro!

Sent from my GT-I9220

tdetroit
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by vagelis View Post
BuyDig.com sells the original Samsung case for 59.99. At first I hesitated buying it, but after reading all the poor reviews and comments on the third party products, I decided to get it.
I must say, I am very glad I did. The feel is definitelly premium, and replicating the soft leather plastic feel of the tablet's back. It is also quite thin, not adding any significant bulk overall. Highly recommended, if you can spring for it.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
Picked mine up at Verizon, and it costs $69, but I get a 25% discount through my job, so I spent $52 (inclusive of MI Sales Tax). I like it. It's thin, light, and works well, and because it doesn't add too much bulk, I can slip it easily into my Work Bag. I had the SPECK Case but returned it...too much bulk and I didn't care for the Clasp.

ad78
Old
Thanks Meter 60
I have onesince day 1. Pricey but if you hold it, you think at the back doesnt have case.its thin and does its job. A very well made case. For this price im expecting a real leather.

Duly.noted
Old
Thanks Meter 104
I really like the official cover. If I could get one similar to it but made of real leather that would be amazing though. But I have zero complaints about it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app