[PATCH] framework.jar for altering WiFi RSSI values in ICS
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns before flashing it!
* YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
A big thanks to gtg465x, kylon and others in the forum for explaining things in posts. It's their work mostly and not mine.
I'm writing this here just in case someone needs the info..
Since I had a problem with the reception of WiFi signal in a Desire S and I've been searching the forum for many days to find a solution to this that I got no responce I decided to search for the framework.jar file patch that has to be done with the /etc/calibration file change to the value of rssi_offset so that Desire S won't drop the connection so easily. Tried also to contact gtg465x but I guess he's busy.
This was done to ICE_DS 6.5 ROM
The patch goes as this:
(1. I am not a developer (used to code, not in android though)
2. I modified the values only by -10 dBm just for test you can change to -20 if you like
3. feel free to correct my wrongs)
public static int calculateSignalLevel(int paramInt1, int paramInt2, int paramInt3)
if (paramInt3 > 4900)
if (paramInt1 >= -65)
i = 3;
if (paramInt2 == 5)
if ((paramInt1 < -65) && (paramInt1 >= -70))
i = 2; else if ((paramInt1 < -70) && (paramInt1 >= -75))
i = 1; else
i = 0;
return calculateSignalLevel(paramInt1, paramInt2);
but I have the believe (which I may well be wrong) that has to do something about WiMax (if (paramInt3 > 4900)) so I didn't touch that.
Last edited by nikant; 29th June 2013 at 01:25 PM.
XDA Developers was founded by developers, for developers. It is now a valuable resource for people who want to make the most of their mobile devices, from customizing the look and feel to adding new functionality. Are you a developer?