Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,492 Members 39,138 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Capactive or On Screen?

Tip us?

ryno9100
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16

DONATE TO ME
Default Capactive or On Screen?

As for me, I sincerely hope the buttons are capacitive. I've never been a fan of on screen buttons for various reasons, not to mention. If they are on screen buttons, what the heck is the big black strip at the bottom for? It holds the HTC Logo, sure, but if that's the only reason, then make more use of it. Put some freaking buttons there. Lol. I absolutely love my HTC One 2013, and I'm more than likely getting the 2014 model (which i really hope is called the One Up as some rumors suggest), but the on-screen buttons kill me.
I'm tech savvy, but I'm far from a Dev. I am, however, always willing to learn, and welcome being corrected and taught new things!

mrvirginia
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 2597

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryno9100 View Post
As for me, I sincerely hope the buttons are capacitive. I've never been a fan of on screen buttons for various reasons, not to mention. If they are on screen buttons, what the heck is the big black strip at the bottom for? It holds the HTC Logo, sure, but if that's the only reason, then make more use of it. Put some freaking buttons there. Lol. I absolutely love my HTC One 2013, and I'm more than likely getting the 2014 model (which i really hope is called the One Up as some rumors suggest), but the on-screen buttons kill me.
on screen navbar. this was confirmed a long long time ago.
Samsung Galaxy S4 M919 running VirginROM / Apollyon
MotoX XT1053 running personal dev build
Kahvitahra's mods || SGS2 GingerWay_BlueOcean Theme || GNex battery mod thread || S3 Virgin Theme

ryno9100
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvirginia View Post
on screen navbar. this was confirmed a long long time ago.
Confirmed by who? Don't a lot of phones use on screen simply for development models, then add the capacitive in the final models?
I'm tech savvy, but I'm far from a Dev. I am, however, always willing to learn, and welcome being corrected and taught new things!

mrvirginia
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 2597

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Confirmed by who? Don't a lot of phones use on screen simply for development models, then add the capacitive in the final models?
i guess you haven't been keeping track of the enormous amount of leaks regarding this device. visit a few phone tech sites like phonearena.com and you'll find all the info you might like to know.
Kahvitahra's mods || SGS2 GingerWay_BlueOcean Theme || GNex battery mod thread || S3 Virgin Theme

ryno9100
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
i guess you haven't been keeping track of the enormous amount of leaks regarding this device. visit a few phone tech sites like phonearena.com and you'll find all the info you might like to know.
I've read a lot of the leaks, and none have really CONFIRMED on screen. Most do show it though. My big question is why the big black useless bar. It just looks bad if there's no use for it.

mrvirginia
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 2597

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I've read a lot of the leaks, and none have really CONFIRMED on screen. Most do show it though. My big question is why the big black useless bar. It just looks bad if there's no use for it.
that's confirmation...
HTC wants their name on the front. if you don't like it, i would suggest a different device.

ryno9100
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
that's confirmation...
HTC wants their name on the front. if you don't like it, i would suggest a different device.
On screen isn't a game breaker for me. Just a nitpick. The all metal body and front facing speaker (as well as the Sense UI,which IMO isthe best stock UI) are enough to warrant me wanting one. Plus I have to buy a phone so I can give my wife my old M7

jonas2295
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2414

DONATE TO ME
M8 dump has on screen buttons, if that's not enough confirmation :00

Sent with HTC One and a bit of Sixth Shense

You want 20gb free cloud storage ?
use my referral link and you get them right away at copy.com !
Thanks!

fr0st420
Old
Thanks Meter 374

DONATE TO ME
Maybe they couldn't fit all the internals without the bezel. It doesn't bother me either way

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

ipsuvedi
Old
(Last edited by ipsuvedi; 20th March 2014 at 05:49 PM.)
Thanks Meter 495

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by fr0st420 View Post
Maybe they couldn't fit all the internals without the bezel. It doesn't bother me either way

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
AFAIK

On screen nav keys are very uncomfortable ...you will be confused about where to click...and in android (except Nexus) nav key bar resizes the layout everytime when appearing...this thing is most annoying!!!

So my decision is I wont buy this if it has On Screen nav...good bye

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium