Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,698 Members 49,369 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] LS980 Always Using WIFI Data

Tip us?

snobrdr2324
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Default [Q] LS980 Always Using WIFI Data

Hey everyone. I just bought a used Sprint LG G2 and like the phone overall. I am having a few issues, the most annoying one it seems is that when my phone is on my home wifi it is always downloading/uploading. The arrows are active 99% of the time and the only way I can stop it from transmitting data is to disable wifi and it won't do it over the cellular data network. I have turned off automatic syncing and everything I could think of that would transmit data over wifi on my phone. I tried restoring the firmware back to shipping firmware using flashtools and taking all the OTA updates again, I have tried simply factory resetting it as well and then not downloading any apps or logging into anything and it still seems to persist. This is only on my home internet and I have tried 2 different routers now. I go to a large university with a campus wide wifi network and it doesn't do this when I'm on my school wifi. It also doesn't happen when on a friend of mines home wifi network with a newer Linksys router. I cannot figure out why my home wifi data connection is constantly active. I haven't had this issue with any other phone so it is something to do with the interaction of my phone with network or something.

snobrdr2324
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Wow no one has this issue? That must explain why there isn't a ton of results when I google it.

thackoon
Old
Thanks Meter 4
If you download an app called GSAM Battery Monitor, you should be able to see which app is hogging the wifi.

snobrdr2324
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
I have gsam and wasn't aware of this feature. I was using another app that said the system was constantly downloading and uploading about 5kb of data at all times. It has to be something network side since its only on my home wifi but I'm not good with wireless networking if it's not a cell network so I don't even know where to start. I tried restoring both of my routers to stock and it didn't fix it.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk