Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,914 Members 50,838 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Rooting VRUCML1

Tip us?

gospodinwizard
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Default Rooting VRUCML1

Every android phone I've had I rooted except this VRUCML1 GS3. I haven't felt any need to with this phone. However I've gotten to the point that I want to be able to backup app data so I'm gonna have to root. I am however concerned that I first need to find both root and unroot (i.e. in case I have to return the phone) methods that I can be sure will both work on a VRUCML1 phone. Yes I have done some searching but any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

prdog1
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4411
Quote:
Originally Posted by gospodinwizard View Post
Every android phone I've had I rooted except this VRUCML1 GS3. I haven't felt any need to with this phone. However I've gotten to the point that I want to be able to backup app data so I'm gonna have to root. I am however concerned that I first need to find both root and unroot (i.e. in case I have to return the phone) methods that I can be sure will both work on a VRUCML1 phone. Yes I have done some searching but any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
SafeRoot to root and just Odin ML1 tar to unroot and return to stock.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...09&postcount=1
TEAM MiK / TEAM CLEAN
Current Devices:
Samsung Galaxy SIII-I535
The Following User Says Thank You to prdog1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gospodinwizard
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Thank you. Being new to rooting the gs3 I need to ask a couple questions. Will this disable ota? Any negative effect from doing a factory reset to clean up the phone and reinstalling tb backups?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app