Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,068 Members 46,971 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SMS apps with least battery usage..

Tip us?

predator1584
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 90
Default SMS apps with least battery usage..

I've been using Hangouts lately for SMS needs but lately, I have not been receiving a notification for every new message. I have all the default notification settings turned on and I still won't get every notification...

Essentially, I'm asking what messaging apps we all use on the HTC One that don't hog the battery. I want to change messaging apps but I feel that the popular messaging apps on the Play Store are huge battery drains with their hundreds of useless functions and features.

I'd like to use the default messaging app but I can NOT stand the 5 lines of the message editor that show up every time I go to reply to a text message. Its just a nit-picky thing, but it bothers me that it wastes all that real estate on the screen with empty space...

Can't wait to see what everybody thinks and I'll be conducting some battery tests in the days to come as well.
For free BitCoins DAILY try this out for size : http://bit.ly/1eUOmKr

HenBoward
Old
Thanks Meter 26
I was using 8sms and loving it. Just moved back to android after a spell with an iPhone. Won't get my One back until May.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

aamirani
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I enjoy using Textra, simple, fast, light, and has all the features you'd need

Follow me on Twitter! @armaanamirani

Vember31
Old
Thanks Meter 9
If you're on kitkat, EvolveSMS looks really good with the kitkat theme though last I'd checked its interface was slightly laggy. Great app nonetheless

Natodu
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Does evolve sms allow mms over WiFi ?

Sent from my HTCONE using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

luigi311
Old
Thanks Meter 270
I'm not sure but when I tried evolve it was compressing my photos even after adjusting the mms settings. The stock mms app didn't compress the same photo

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

gobaers
Old
Thanks Meter 21
I've been pleased with hello sms. Multiple recipient messages actually work, and it's relatively light. Best of all, it's very nicely organized.

One issue though: sending picture messages is wonky due to square reformatting. I still use the stock app for this, but changes get picked up by hello without issue.
The Following User Says Thank You to gobaers For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Natodu
Old
Thanks Meter 45
That was my issue with hangouts. Mms was problematic most days.

Sent from my HTCONE using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

shane582
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobaers View Post
I've been pleased with hello sms. Multiple recipient messages actually work, and it's relatively light. Best of all, it's very nicely organized.

One issue though: sending picture messages is wonky due to square reformatting. I still use the stock app for this, but changes get picked up by hello without issue.
One other problem with Hello SMS is that we cannot delete individual messages from a thread. We can only delete the entire thread, not a particular message from it.
Don't forget to press "THANKS" if my post helped you.
Phone: HTC One (Sprint)
Previous Phones: Sony Xperia M C1904, Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Maguro), LG Optimus 2X (P990), HTC Wildfire S

The Following User Says Thank You to shane582 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
battery drain, battery life, messaging app, sms