CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Amazon Fire TV Stick vs Chromecast – XDA TV

There is no doubt that Amazon is a huge player in many markets, and they want to be a huge … more

Fight the Heat and Conserve Battery with EaseUS Coolphone

Memory hungry Android applications are often responsible for making our device … more

Battery Charged in 30 Seconds? Maybe in 2016

Phones and tablets are getting more and more power hungry with each passing generation. Their … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Options to get Facebook and GMail on gear?

OP Clarky78

20th March 2014, 06:29 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

23 posts
I just upgraded Gear to Null, but not really convinced I like it. Mostly it kills battery, I was getting about 3-4 days on stock, on Null I have got just 1 day and down to 20%. It's dropped 10% in last hour because i received 2 texts! Only looked at the time about 5 times today and received 2 emails and 2 texts. So thinking of flashing back to stock, but I want to get facebook and Gmail on the gear. What can I do? It seems even with the Null rom I can't reply to Facebook messenger chats or emails anyway, just read and show on phone or delete..
20th March 2014, 08:39 PM   |  #2  
Flag Cleveland ROCKS!!!
Thanks Meter: 435

1,222 posts
Donate to Me
More
You can't reply to gmail on stock either.

In order to on null you need to install the gmail app itself thru playstore on the watch. Then enable Bluetooth tether to use it.
20th March 2014, 09:42 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

23 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 440bro

You can't reply to gmail on stock either.

In order to on null you need to install the gmail app itself thru playstore on the watch. Then enable Bluetooth tether to use it.

I want to reply through the notifications and S Voice. I assume that wont do that? I'm more concerned with replying to facebook chats via S Voice though than GMail.
23rd March 2014, 03:10 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 357

1,646 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarky78

I just upgraded Gear to Null, but not really convinced I like it. Mostly it kills battery, I was getting about 3-4 days on stock, on Null I have got just 1 day and down to 20%. It's dropped 10% in last hour because i received 2 texts! Only looked at the time about 5 times today and received 2 emails and 2 texts. So thinking of flashing back to stock, but I want to get facebook and Gmail on the gear. What can I do? It seems even with the Null rom I can't reply to Facebook messenger chats or emails anyway, just read and show on phone or delete..

There's something wrong with your configuration in NULL

On Null 23, you should be able to get 2 days easily, about 1 hr of total screen time in 48 hours.

Use the STOCK Kernel. NOT the modded one especially if you are not familiar with CPU Configuration.
28th March 2014, 11:47 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

23 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by klau1

There's something wrong with your configuration in NULL

On Null 23, you should be able to get 2 days easily, about 1 hr of total screen time in 48 hours.

Use the STOCK Kernel. NOT the modded one especially if you are not familiar with CPU Configuration.

After a few more days usage I have been getting 2 days. But on stock I was getting 4 days, double the time. However, I put my watch on at 12 today after charge, and now it's midnight and I have 95%! So inconsistent, I can't really tell. Does seem that it's not updating though. Weather for example is stuck on 8am without manual refresh.
29th March 2014, 12:35 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 357

1,646 posts
Measure your screen on time, and the other top 2 energy users in the Battery Menu of Android Settings.

Otherwise you won't be able to accuracy figure out the power consumption of your watch on a day to day basis.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread