5,598,980 Members 31,566 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GAME]FF6 Discussion/Hacks Thread

Tip us?

garwynn
Old
(Last edited by garwynn; 6th February 2014 at 10:17 AM.)
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 6711

DONATE TO ME
Finally getting around to parsing the file and seeing what each layout does.
Here's the overview and sample data from my saves.

0000-006F (File header)
0044-0045 - ID of some sort? (9B06,9C06,4507,4407)
0060-0064 - File checksum? (4F957091,3C995E57,C4AB62DB,9E1932F4)
0070 - A0BF2EF3, 9F292A13,8DF0351B, d0d4b310
5280 - 9996a788
A490 - 5933B84D
F6A0 - 75F1DD37
148B0 - 32BF3DF1
19AC0 - Same def 1E5F03B4

First 4 bytes are the checksum per save. We can tell because I only saved slots 2-5 once and they haven't changed.
Save file is 0x5210 (21,008 bytes) long.
First 16 bytes are header including checksum.
Save data itself is 20,092 bytes (4E7C)

One thing I don't see here is a quicksave. Still looking.
Contact: Twitter || Google+/Hangouts (Non-Moderator issues only please)
Useful Links: Forum Moderator List || Forum Rules

Please continue to thank and support those who bring these great things to our devices!
(That includes RTs, RCs, RDs/SRDs, FMs/SFMs and the people who maintain the site.)
The Following User Says Thank You to garwynn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

spiderio
Old
Thanks Meter 541
What software did you guys use to modified .sav

garwynn
Old
Thanks Meter 6711

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderio View Post
What software did you guys use to modified .sav
I use any standard hex editor to view/edit. The problem is with us getting this data back in - we need to seemingly generate 2 checksums and don't have the methods to do so.

Please continue to thank and support those who bring these great things to our devices!
(That includes RTs, RCs, RDs/SRDs, FMs/SFMs and the people who maintain the site.)

garwynn
Old
Thanks Meter 6711

DONATE TO ME
BTW, I do agree that they seem to have made grinding much easier. At 30 hrs I was able to get all my members up to Level 50 and know all the spells. Still need to go get Gogo but I've knocked off 3 of the dragons in the Dragons' Den. Also need to do some grinding in the coliseum.

I'll have to post the files, you can certainly drop the files in unmodified and go from there.

spiderio
Old
Thanks Meter 541
Quote:
Originally Posted by garwynn View Post
BTW, I do agree that they seem to have made grinding much easier. At 30 hrs I was able to get all my members up to Level 50 and know all the spells. Still need to go get Gogo but I've knocked off 3 of the dragons in the Dragons' Den. Also need to do some grinding in the coliseum.

I'll have to post the files, you can certainly drop the files in unmodified and go from there.
I can't wait to see your finding,
btw can you suggest me for good hex editor on android?

Spyromon
Old
(Last edited by Spyromon; 6th March 2014 at 02:42 PM.) Reason: to say a sorry for not know where to ask
Thanks Meter 0
Default Need help guys

Hi to all,

Since we are all fans of FFvi i need to ask for your help.

I have a rooted phone and was playing FFvi on it when i reach the point where the game crashed. They released an update that fixed that problem of FFvi, but i stupidly unistalled the FFvi from my phone and after i re-installed it the Save files where gone!

Can anybody give me their own savegame files?
filesRockDat0.sav and filesRockDat1.sav
I don't want to start over the game again. i need the save file up until before the point where the game crashes.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. Sorry but i didn't know where else to ask for help...

garwynn
Old
Thanks Meter 6711

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyromon View Post
Hi to all,

Since we are all fans of FFvi i need to ask for your help.

I have a rooted phone and was playing FFvi on it when i reach the point where the game crashed. They released an update that fixed that problem of FFvi, but i stupidly unistalled the FFvi from my phone and after i re-installed it the Save files where gone!

Can anybody give me their own savegame files?
filesRockDat0.sav and filesRockDat1.sav
I don't want to start over the game again. i need the save file up until before the point where the game crashes.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. Sorry but i didn't know where else to ask for help...
There are earlier saves above. Think last might be close to the floating continent. My current save is at dragons den.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Spyromon
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garwynn View Post
There are earlier saves above. Think last might be close to the floating continent. My current save is at dragons den.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
Thanks, you are right. The floating continent is right after the game crashes, so i won't miss the storyline. Back to playing!!!

Captn01
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabpro View Post
Like i say is a little tricky , but this is what i do...
1. you need search a number less than 255 ( hp, mp,) if you are higher just enter a battle and lower it to 100hp and look for it on GG
2.use a potion and look for the new number that must be less than 255 on GG
3. If you find it on GG , nice .....lets say that the address was 0x60a0ab74
4.now take that address look for the ones that are before and after that one( 0x60a0ab70,0x60a0ab78), and play a little, that way you can change level, mp, hp...

this is what i do , my advise - have more than one save, b/c the game can crash if you change the wrong address and if that happen maybe the address can change on GG and you have to look for it again.

im not and expert i just have some luck ,=-p

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------

GameGuardian 6.0.5

Soo I'm usually just a searcher of other peoples hack and findings, However I figured a easy way to permanently increase stats for characters using Gameguardian. Use GG to lower your characters level to 1, they retain all stats, but next fight they are leveled back up to what they were before. Whatever stat bonus your equipped esper gives you is multipled by the amount of level it takes to get from 1 to whatever level you were originally. For example Cyan was a level 41 so when doing this he gained 40 to speed having odin equipped.

I tried to use GG to directly change the stats and it was never permanent, this is and it's pretty easy. Hope this is useful for someone..