No registration required

Hot-plugging HDMI

OP sharksfan7

20th March 2014, 04:46 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 62

187 posts
I've had my Nexus 10 for a few months but only connected it to my TV via HDMI a couple of times. I'm pretty sure I read when I got it that I'm supposed to power off both the tablet & the TV before plugging in the cable. I'm reading on other websites that the HDMI spec is hot-pluggable but most recommend not doing it. However, reading most of the threads here pertaining to HDMI issues, I don't see this ever brought up. So I'm wondering, when connecting via HDMI, do you power off both devices before plugging in? Has anyone experienced any damage to their N10 or TV when hot-plugging?
20th March 2014, 07:28 PM   |  #2  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 341

753 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharksfan7

I've had my Nexus 10 for a few months but only connected it to my TV via HDMI a couple of times. I'm pretty sure I read when I got it that I'm supposed to power off both the tablet & the TV before plugging in the cable. I'm reading on other websites that the HDMI spec is hot-pluggable but most recommend not doing it. However, reading most of the threads here pertaining to HDMI issues, I don't see this ever brought up. So I'm wondering, when connecting via HDMI, do you power off both devices before plugging in? Has anyone experienced any damage to their N10 or TV when hot-plugging?

I always hot-plugged both TV and the N10. I don't think these type of connectors have any issues with hot-plugging.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app
The Following User Says Thank You to 3DSammy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread