19th March 2014, 10:53 AM   |  #41  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6

65 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by akahroba

Yessss! the code at last revealed my lte

Wish it would work for me and now my device is repaired, I'm planning to try another stock ROM, then hopefully I will be able to use LTE
19th March 2014, 11:20 AM   |  #42  
Flag Aarhus
Thanks Meter: 3

12 posts
More
Info 2 Try other codes
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStigOnline

When I access this secret menu, after selecting Phone info, I get the This application does not work on this device message, so its not an option for me at the moment and thank you

Try getting the "Secret codes" app form playstore. There are other codes there that does not work on my device - one of them may work on yours.

And google other combinations....

//steen
19th March 2014, 11:58 AM   |  #43  
OP Member

65 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by neetsnp

Try getting the "Secret codes" app form playstore. There are other codes there that does not work on my device - one of them may work on yours.

And google other combinations....

//steen

I've already tried most of those apps, with the same result unfortunately

Thanks for the suggestions
Last edited by TheStigOnline; 20th March 2014 at 02:47 AM.
20th March 2014, 02:22 PM   |  #44  
OP Member

65 posts
More
Quote:

Hello Everyone,

Hopefully this issue can be solved, as I'm using stock Android JB 4.1.2 (E97510h-EUR-XX) on my device and there is no LTE option in:

- System Settings> More...> Mobile Networks> Network Mode

Now, I believe it can be enabled by making a change to persist.radio.lteon as found here:

- https://community.vodafone.ie/t5/Net.../137830/page/1

However, it requires root access and as far as I'm aware, there is no root exploit for E97510h-EUR-XX at this time:

- http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2249033&page=2
- http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2163814&page=5

Here are my questions:

1. Is there any method to replace or edit persist.radio.lteon without rooting my device?

2. If 1 is not an option, is there any method to successfully root my device?

3. If 2 is possible, can I unroot and will this process be undetectable?

Any help is much appreciated

I'm now rooted via Framaroot, as I've had enough and want to fix this issue, so here we go
20th March 2014, 06:33 PM   |  #45  
OP Member

65 posts
More
Quote:

I'm now rooted via Framaroot, as I've had enough and want to fix this issue, so here we go

Finally managed to resolve this issue I believe, as the LTE/4G option is now visible in my options and the device reports its connected to 4G, with many thanks to this post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8&postcount=13

Quote:
Originally Posted by joliv

Solved . I can't believe so simple. After some googling I found a post (in german) I couldn't understand, but referenced some info about network defaults and it's values. Some bell ring and I looked for a ro.telephony.default_network parameter in build.prop. Just changed from "9" to "13", rebooted et voilá. .. many more options available under network settings, including LTE. Once chosen, it registered on 4G victory: ). You have to be rooted of course. I did the change using buildprop editor from ROMtoolbox Pro.
Also, it seemed to me that after flashing 10F, phone was (even) faster. I''ve run Antutu 3 times and always got around 17970 (with 10E never got more than 17150).
About the change - as usual do at your own risk.

Sent from my LG-E975 using XDA Premium HD app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread