Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,490 Members 50,988 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

CM11 M4 snapshot.

Tip us?

alex9yust
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrofool View Post
I tried it last night. I flashed over the 3-6 nightly and had many force closes and network issues. I did not try and do a clean flash.
need to do wipe data/factory reset and not restore the old data. otherwise, "android.process.acore stopped unexpectedly" for me.

buzz killington
Old
Thanks Meter 62
I guess I got lucky. I dirty flashed m4 over 10.1.3 stable and everything is running perfectly. I wasn't expecting it, but m4 is much speedier than 10.1.3, only downside is battery life seems to be not as good.

JimJ2Mz
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Info 2 Beware!

There was a post I found a while back on the official Cyanogemod site that went into details about Nightlies, Milestones, Release Candidates, and Stable Releases. What would be most important for users of CM11 at this time which was explained in the post is that you either stick with updating from nightly to nightly OR milestone to milestone. If you're on a nightly and you update to a milestone snapshot, you risk damaging and messing up the OS. Vice-versa as well and should also apply to RCs and Stables. Nightlies are bleeding edge and have the latest code while a milestone snapshot is more stable, but has older cold. So going from nightly to milestone snapshot would be one heck of a messy downgrade.
srry for dis messy post btw qq