Plex now works with chromecast without plex pass

OP herculese1

20th March 2014, 06:37 PM   |  #61  
Thanks Meter: 229

830 posts
More
Cast from laptop to TV via Plex
Is it possible to cast from the media server/web app to my television without a PlexPass?

I think I understand it correctly to say that if I pay for the app I can cast from Plex on my N5 to Chromecast, but what about from my laptop to Chromecast (without PlexPass)?
20th March 2014, 06:51 PM   |  #62  
Thanks Meter: 102

301 posts
^ In theory yes, but a lot of people are having trouble getting the cast icon to appear in Plex Web according to the Plex Web forum. I have two Win7 computers running Plex Web side by side, and I can get the cast icon to appear on one, but not the other. So far Plex doesn't have an explanation except to say that it's experimental and blame the Google Cast plugin in Chrome.
20th March 2014, 07:07 PM   |  #63  
Thanks Meter: 229

830 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJames1

^ In theory yes, but a lot of people are having trouble getting the cast icon to appear in Plex Web according to the Plex Web forum. I have two Win7 computers running Plex Web side by side, and I can get the cast icon to appear on one, but not the other. So far Plex doesn't have an explanation except to say that it's experimental and blame the Google Cast plugin in Chrome.

Is it their intention to allow this, or just something that can done?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread