5,600,053 Members 43,693 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Desire Z stuck at boot. Solved for a while. Stuck again!

Tip us?

ctomk1482
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by demkantor View Post
The Samsung emmc is prone to failure but that doesn't mean it will die in a week, a month or a year, some have had it work for years
Rooting and true radio s-off is amazing and will help with other problem, just not a fried emmc, not even JTAG can fix this
Soldering a new chip is tricky if you haven't done real fine soldering before, so be careful doing it yourself
Depends how and where you bought the chip, many vision specific ones come preloaded with firmware/software
If it doesn't you will need JTAG equipment to flash it
Hope all goes well for you!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Hello.

I would not do the soldering myself. I was talking about some friend who has the tools.
Anyway, the JTAG thing is a no-no for me then. Too much complications.
I was assuming that since my fried eMMC did not totally incapped the phone (HBOOT bootable, Fastboot visible, etc.), I should be able to flash any new eMMC, at least with the last method you suggested.
I don't think these thoughts are total nonsense.

demkantor
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2342
No not total nonsense, legit question
All partitions are located in this chip, when it fries or is replaced you are left with a logicboard and no brain to it. The new chip would need the partition table flashed to it if it doesn't come with it. This would be something to ask your supplier as I have seen this chip sold before with partitions flashed to it already so the best answer is maybe

ctomk1482
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by demkantor View Post
No not total nonsense, legit question
All partitions are located in this chip, when it fries or is replaced you are left with a logicboard and no brain to it. The new chip would need the partition table flashed to it if it doesn't come with it. This would be something to ask your supplier as I have seen this chip sold before with partitions flashed to it already so the best answer is maybe

If it comes with FSBL ("file system boot loader"), that's a hint it's partitioned?