Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,793 Members 41,551 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

XPosed Framework on Kitkat?

Tip us?

Tobi@s
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 56
Default XPosed Framework on Kitkat?

Hello guys,

anyone of you got XPosed Framework working with latest Z1c KitKat firmware? I tried both the XPosed Xperia test (from 4.3) and normal XPosed Framework, I can install it but it doesn't get active after a reboot.

Already missing XPrivacy So if anyone could help me that would be nice
My Xperia Z1c | DoomKernel

My Xperia T | DoomKernel | Modified GFX | Unlocked Bootloader | XPosed Framework

Phone history: SE T68 > SE T630 > SE W580 > SE W595 > SE W705 > Xperia X8 > Xperia Play > Xperia T > Xperia Z1c (Sony and always Sony since 2002)

Respect to: doixanh, racht, blagus, jerpelea, FXP, DooMLoRD

Lasantha
Old
Thanks Meter 123
try 2.5 beta it works http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=9659
The Following User Says Thank You to Lasantha For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nism0o
Old
Thanks Meter 69
xposed 2.5 beta r working here.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=51110150
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nism0o For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RevokOne
Old
Thanks Meter 4
how did you root kk?

wind0zer
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevokOne View Post
how did you root kk?
Yes, how?

poolmaker
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
how did you root kk?
Quote:
Originally Posted by wind0zer View Post
Yes, how?
With unlocked bootloader not a problem.
[D550X] CWM-Based Recovery 6.0.4.6 + ROOT for Xperia Z1 Compact {KitKat!} [20140320]
However if yours goal is to have root without unlocking bootloader then you must wait working exploit to 4.4.2 firmware.
The Following User Says Thank You to poolmaker For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RevokOne
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by poolmaker View Post
With unlocked bootloader not a problem.
[D550X] CWM-Based Recovery 6.0.4.6 + ROOT for Xperia Z1 Compact {KitKat!} [20140320]
However if yours goal is to have root without unlocking bootloader then you must wait working exploit to 4.4.2 firmware.
Mine is unlocked and thanks for this didn't know it was that easy

Spikestrip
Old
(Last edited by Spikestrip; 23rd March 2014 at 10:38 PM.)
Thanks Meter 8
Whoops! I didn't notice I was in the Z1 Compact section. I suppose you can ignore most of what I have to say here. Although the Gravity Box thing is likely still relevant.

Quote:
how did you root kk?
Quote:
Originally Posted by wind0zer View Post
Yes, how?
Instructions for how to update to 4.4.2 and retain root:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2687443

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasantha View Post
try 2.5 beta it works
Quote:
Originally Posted by nism0o View Post
xposed 2.5 beta r working here.
Looks like the official, non-beta version was just released, and it's working on my Z1 on KitKat rooted with a locked bootloader.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=9883

UPDATE: Gravity Box for KitKat causes my phone to force close whatever app is running when I press the volume button. I'm told it's related to the option in Gravity Box to reorient the volume buttons when the device is rotated, but I get the same behavior whether or not that setting is turned on. According to the Gravity Box dev, this doesn't look likely to be fixed soon if at all. I disabled Gravity Box and everything else works.
Do people really list all the devices they've had in here?
Prior:
Every iPhone up to 5 (never again), most iPads, an array of Galaxy devices, a decent pile of Sony stuff, a few HTCs, Nook Tablet, Nexus's, Archos 5 to name a few.
Currently:
12 core 32GB Mac Pro, Xperia Z1, Xperia Z, Xperia Tablet Z, Xperia Acro S, Samsung Galaxy Camera, International Samsung Galaxy Note 1 (it's an OG), Nexus 7 wifi, PS Vita. I'm sure I'm missing a lot.

Ri0z
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikestrip View Post
Whoops! I didn't notice I was in the Z1 Compact section. I suppose you can ignore most of what I have to say here. Although the Gravity Box thing is likely still relevant.

Instructions for how to update to 4.4.2 and retain root:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2687443

Looks like the official, non-beta version was just released, and it's working on my Z1 on KitKat rooted with a locked bootloader.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=9883

UPDATE: Gravity Box for KitKat causes my phone to force close whatever app is running when I press the volume button. I'm told it's related to the option in Gravity Box to reorient the volume buttons when the device is rotated, but I get the same behavior whether or not that setting is turned on. According to the Gravity Box dev, this doesn't look likely to be fixed soon if at all. I disabled Gravity Box and everything else works.
It's so sad, if GravityBox worked for KitKat on this phone I'd be so happy. I encountered the same issue as you. I'd reach for the wallet if it meant someone could fix it!

papzi57
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Unfortunately much more xpodes modules doesn't works on KitKat.
We waiting the updates
Xperia Z1c White rooted KitSlim EVO9, Unlocked BL
Xperia V white-AOKP-CM11 nightly Root Unlocked BL
Xperia Go white .100 Root Unlocked BL