Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,733 Members 54,234 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

F2FS File system

Tip us?

Juhful
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Thumbs up F2FS File system

I just switched to using this, I am running a modified version of Slimkat 3.6 with Lego kernel as put together by legolas93, go to his threads and check it out, simply amazing!!!

hertzworth
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juhful View Post
I just switched to using this, I am running a modified version of Slimkat 3.6 with Lego kernel as put together by legolas93, go to his threads and check it out, simply amazing!!!
Did it make your device that much faster?

Juhful
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Yes, there is a noticeable difference, I have since switched back to ext4 but only because I like trying ROMS and using the modded recovery for f2fs limits this but I will definately switch back if more ROMS start adopting this format, using f2fs with ART was truly blazing.

hertzworth
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juhful View Post
Yes, there is a noticeable difference, I have since switched back to ext4 but only because I like trying ROMS and using the modded recovery for f2fs limits this but I will definately switch back if more ROMS start adopting this format, using f2fs with ART was truly blazing.
Good to know. Thanks for the info. I will wait till there's more roms supported as well.

Juhful
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertzworth View Post
Good to know. Thanks for the info. I will wait till there's more roms supported as well.
You're welcome, seems quite a few Devs are working on this, should be more Roms soon.