FORUMS

What Features Do You Look for in a Gallery App?

With so many different options to choose from, finding the right Gallery app may be a … more

Google Photos ‘Unlimited’ Storage Reportedly Being Capped

When Google Photos was announced, many of us thought very highly … more

Sprint Moves to Lift Video Streaming Limit for All-In

Yesterday, Sprint announced a new unlimited scheme that offered customers an … more

Xiaomi Releases Kernel Source Code For Mi4i

If you’ve been following the XDA News Portal lately, you might have noticed an … more

[Q] Rear Camera snapshop delay problem

33 posts
Thanks Meter: 3
 
By themorn, Member on 19th March 2014, 03:33 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Greetings,
My T-mobile Note 3 has a problem with the Rear Camera problem. I have to hold the camera on the subject about 2 seconds after the shutter sound, to wait for the line in the processing pop up window has scrolled across the screen. If i move the Note 3 before this is done the image is blurred or complelely lost off the picture. The image stabilizeation feature is on. The unit currently has Kit Kat (ver 4.4.2). Is there a setting I am missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
 
 
19th March 2014, 08:44 PM |#2  
DesperateScorpion's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by themorn

Greetings,
My T-mobile Note 3 has a problem with the Rear Camera problem. I have to hold the camera on the subject about 2 seconds after the shutter sound, to wait for the line in the processing pop up window has scrolled across the screen. If i move the Note 3 before this is done the image is blurred or complelely lost off the picture. The image stabilizeation feature is on. The unit currently has Kit Kat (ver 4.4.2). Is there a setting I am missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have been noticing this issue as well, mainly after the update to 4.4. Prior to the update, i could move the phone when the processing pops up and it still had the right picture. I reduced the resolution down to 6MP wide and it still has the same problem.

Only way I found to fix the issue was to turn off the smart stabilization feature. I don't see a use for this feature right now as I am able to hold the phone steady enough.
The Following User Says Thank You to DesperateScorpion For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th March 2014, 11:00 PM |#3  
OP Member
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesperateScorpion151

I have been noticing this issue as well, mainly after the update to 4.4. Prior to the update, i could move the phone when the processing pops up and it still had the right picture. I reduced the resolution down to 6MP wide and it still has the same problem.

Only way I found to fix the issue was to turn off the smart stabilization feature. I don't see a use for this feature right now as I am able to hold the phone steady enough.

Thanks for the advice.
I shut off image stabilization, same as you and the problem is no longer there. Thank you for your suggesting. I hope this issue will be addressed in a future update from Samsung.
20th March 2014, 12:48 AM |#4  
OP Member
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Thumbs up Samsung online tech support
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesperateScorpion151

I have been noticing this issue as well, mainly after the update to 4.4. Prior to the update, i could move the phone when the processing pops up and it still had the right picture. I reduced the resolution down to 6MP wide and it still has the same problem.

Only way I found to fix the issue was to turn off the smart stabilization feature. I don't see a use for this feature right now as I am able to hold the phone steady enough.

Update:

I chatted with a Samsung tech support online in regards to this issue. The problem seems to have been addressed by going into the camera app and clearing the cache and Data (Settings -> General [top tab] -> Application manager -> Camera). I don't know if this is a permanent solution (I doubt it), but it addresses the immediate problem. Fortunately, it seems that the pictures taken using the camera are still intact. Once again, I hope Samsung will supply an update to address this issue.

Last edited by themorn; 20th March 2014 at 01:03 AM. Reason: Clarification and additional information
21st March 2014, 01:12 AM |#5  
DesperateScorpion's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by themorn

Update:

I chatted with a Samsung tech support online in regards to this issue. The problem seems to have been addressed by going into the camera app and clearing the cache and Data (Settings -> General [top tab] -> Application manager -> Camera). I don't know if this is a permanent solution (I doubt it), but it addresses the immediate problem. Fortunately, it seems that the pictures taken using the camera are still intact. Once again, I hope Samsung will supply an update to address this issue.

No Dice....I cleared the data and cache and tried taking a picture with the stabilization on. After I clicked the camera icon and once the processing info popped up, I moved the phone. The recorded picture was not the one that i was focusing on when i clicked.
21st March 2014, 01:44 AM |#6  
g1-and-only's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 29
 
More
And I thought it was just me and my phone. I've not been to happy with the camera on the 3 because of this and I'm rooted so I didn't feel like unrooting to take it back and try another phone. I still use Samsung camera for video recording. (Smooth video by the way is like no other that I've seen, even on real camera's.) I downloaded Google camera from phonearena and it works fine for pictures, Samsungs is fine to as long as you don't move but I'll keep Googles. http://click.xda-developers.com/api/...oo.gl%2FVEBuiq
Last edited by g1-and-only; 21st March 2014 at 01:48 AM. Reason: link to share
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
camera
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes