Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] lost usb duringrom flashing

OP mfmmetz

14th March 2014, 05:42 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
flashed new rom with sad consequesces. Unable to get tab out of booting recovery kernal image. unable to reconnect to tablet as it show usb not recognized. have updated usb files with naked usb zip and also new fv flash files. still not getting anywhere. I have tried to flash recovery at apx but not working. Is there any hope or have I created a true brick/
Last edited by mfmmetz; 14th March 2014 at 08:10 PM.
19th March 2014, 04:14 AM   |  #2  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 406

1,315 posts
Is your PC recognizing the gTab in APX mode (Power and Vol [-])? Does nvflash complete? Post screenshots.
20th March 2014, 03:36 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
usb not recognized
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeevvp

Is your PC recognizing the gTab in APX mode (Power and Vol [-])? Does nvflash complete? Post screenshots.

usb not recognized, tablet goes into apx but the computer does not recognize it. I have tried several different driver combinations and it still cant' see it. I think that I somehow screwed up the driver in the tablet. but can't even get it to connect to the computer. I tried a linux connection and it didn't recognize it either. I was using a live cd and tried to get the startup to locate a driver, no such luck. Is there a way I can completly format the tablet??? I can't get it past the boot loader error. thanks for your input up to now. hope someone has answers for me. I may have created a very nice parts machine.
Last edited by mfmmetz; 20th March 2014 at 04:02 PM.
21st March 2014, 04:03 AM   |  #4  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 406

1,315 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfmmetz

I think that I somehow screwed up the driver in the tablet.

You can't screw-up the APX-mode USB driver on the gTablet--it's built into the system firmware --ie. it's hard-coded. A HW error is a more likely culprit (if, indeed, the PC doesn't see the tablet in APX mode) . Disassemble the gTab and carefully inspect the USB port and surroundings for stray bits of metal, or solder, or cut traces, etc.

Quote:

I tried a linux connection and it didn't recognize it either. I was using a live cd and tried to get the startup to locate a driver, no such luck.

Since you can use Linux, do this:
1. Boot into Linux.
2. Put the tablet into APX mode (the screen will turn off).
3. Plug the cable from the tablet into the PC.
4. Run these command (only the stuff in bold) and post their output (or a screenshot):
Code:
$ dmesg | tail -n20
[ 7872.447589] usb 1-2.2: new full-speed USB device number 8 using ohci_hcd
[ 7872.552503] usb 1-2.2: New USB device found, idVendor=0955, idProduct=7820
[ 7872.552514] usb 1-2.2: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=0
[ 7872.552521] usb 1-2.2: Product: APX
[ 7872.552528] usb 1-2.2: Manufacturer: NVIDIA Corp.
$ lsusb
Bus 001 Device 008: ID 0955:7820 NVidia Corp. 
$
Quote:

I can't get it past the boot loader error.

Take a snap and post it.
Last edited by rajeevvp; 21st March 2014 at 08:33 AM. Reason: Fix spelling.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread