Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,914 Members 49,336 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Line for Gear

Tip us?

LaDamian
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Line for Gear

Has anyone been successful using this app? It is the messaging app I use the most, but in its current state it appears quite useless. It claims it can be used for making calls and sending stickers, but the only option available is to turn the alarm off and on.

If you have figured out how to get this app working, please let me know.

dragoncius
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaDamian View Post
Has anyone been successful using this app? It is the messaging app I use the most, but in its current state it appears quite useless. It claims it can be used for making calls and sending stickers, but the only option available is to turn the alarm off and on.

If you have figured out how to get this app working, please let me know.
It used to work! I love Line and you could reply with a sticker right from the Gear. But now it doesn´t work...

Alarm off or on refers to the alerts of the Line messages, but no...doesn´t work.

allendj81
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Every time theres an update for GM, I dont restore data from the last GM, this has solve my problems with line. or do a fresh install of line on your gear. you can also try to have notifications on when screen is off.

D2TMO - MultiBoot
Galaxy Gear - Null Rom android
Asus Transformer TF700 - CROMI X 5.4

LaDamian
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by allendj81 View Post
Every time theres an update for GM, I dont restore data from the last GM, this has solve my problems with line. or do a fresh install of line on your gear. you can also try to have notifications on when screen is off.
Do you use Null or the stock rom?

allendj81
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaDamian View Post
Do you use Null or the stock rom?
stock rooted only

D2TMO - MultiBoot

LaDamian
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Ok. One more question. Do you have notifications turned on in gear manager for line, or do you let the line for gear app handle them?

Thanks

LaDamian
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
I finally figured it out after reading through reviews. You have to have pop up notifications turned on in the line app on your phone for the program on the gear to work properly. You can use either the "simple" or "default" setting. This pretty much just makes me not want to use the app.

allendj81
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Thats what I meant when I recommended to have notifications on when the screen is off. you have to play with the notifications settings on the phone. Ive also notice that sometimes notifications dont get send out to the gear when you have a screen lock. How do you like it now? its pretty cool huh, I just wish they included more stickers for the gear

D2TMO - MultiBoot

LaDamian
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
The app requiring pop up notifications was a deal breaker for me. Half the reason I wanted the watch was so I didn't have to turn my screen on as often as I do. I also don't want people just seeing random pop ups. I deleted it in favor of the regular notifications until it gets better.