Desktop vs RT Flash Player Differences?

OP blweldon2

20th March 2014, 04:53 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 13

45 posts
More
I've been messing around with the Flash Player on my RT and am very curious what the differences between the x86/64 Flash Player and the ARM Flash Player on Windows RT. Most objects in the browser still run as intended, but some objects, such as the swf for The Binding of Isaac, refuse to run regardless of whether they are loaded as a swf directly into the browser or imbedded in an HTML page. The same swf works perfectly fine on a desktop though. I couldn't find anything on Microsoft or Adobe's websites about this, nor could I find any information here apart from the old threads on the flash whitelist back when WinRT was first released. Is there something I'm missing on why some flash objects just refuse to open on Windows RT?

tl;dr Tried to play Binding of Isaac's swf on my Surface, but IE just displayed a blank page. It works on my laptop in IE. Why is that?
20th March 2014, 10:46 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Developer
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 2,712

5,739 posts
More
I'm not aware of any actual differences. More likely, the problem is in an external dependency. For example, perhaps BoI uses OpenGL... there's no OpenGL driver for RT (well, not officially).

Out of curiosity, is your tablet jailbroken? It could be some restriction about local files (not in IE's lowbox) and signature enforcement.
21st March 2014, 04:08 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 13

45 posts
More
Yes. I have tried running both nonjailbroken and jailbroken, along with testing on 8 and 8.1 tablets. BoI doesn't use either DirectX or OpenGL. Its just a basic flash game in essence.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread