Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,884 Members 52,613 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Black Screen after Installing Font using (iFont) apk! Need Help Guys!

Tip us?

k1labban17120692
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Black Screen after Installing Font using (iFont) apk! Need Help Guys!

Hello guys, I need some help with my CM Flare S100, last night I tried to change my font using an app (iFont) and then after installing and applying it reboot itself and then after I waited for like 2-3 minutes, I opened it up, and then the Problem is after the CM and Android boot animation shows up it turns into black screen, stuck in black screen. I also tried to wipe its data / factory reset, wipe cache, and reboot many times but it always comes back. What to do? Please Help!

P.S.
If you guys know what is the solution, then help me 'coz I need your help.

Mufrad
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1labban17120692 View Post
Hello guys, I need some help with my CM Flare S100, last night I tried to change my font using an app (iFont) and then after installing and applying it reboot itself and then after I waited for like 2-3 minutes, I opened it up, and then the Problem is after the CM and Android boot animation shows up it turns into black screen, stuck in black screen. I also tried to wipe its data / factory reset, wipe cache, and reboot many times but it always comes back. What to do? Please Help!

P.S.
If you guys know what is the solution, then help me 'coz I need your help.
Do you have a backup? Then restore or else just flash rom. Will be fine after that.
GALAXY NOTE 3 - DR.KETAN'S CCR K8.1
GALAXY NOTE 2 - DN3 V5+
SONY MT25 - ROOTED CUSTOM ICS

k1labban17120692
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufrad View Post
Do you have a backup? Then restore or else just flash rom. Will be fine after that.
Thanks but I forgot to backup my files, so I do not think it will work restoring into factory reset coz I tried it many times. How to do Flash via PC?

Mufrad
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:
Thanks but I forgot to backup my files, so I do not think it will work restoring into factory reset coz I tried it many times. How to do Flash via PC?
Do you have custom recovery?
GALAXY NOTE 2 - DN3 V5+

k1labban17120692
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Do you have custom recovery?
I do not know, I use Stock Recovery (Switch on + Volume up) is that so.. Sorry, I am newbie in android, can you help fix my problem?

Mufrad
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:
I do not know, I use Stock Recovery (Switch on + Volume up) is that so.. Sorry, I am newbie in android, can you help fix my problem?
Install cwm custom recovery from here:
forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2057511
This is only a custom recovery, it will not fix your phone, it's a step towards fixing it.

What version of Android were you using? Asking because to tell you which rom to flash I will need to know which rom you had previously.
GALAXY NOTE 2 - DN3 V5+

k1labban17120692
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Install cwm custom recovery from here:
forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2057511
This is only a custom recovery, it will not fix your phone, it's a step towards fixing it.

What version of Android were you using? Asking because to tell you which rom to flash I will need to know which rom you had previously.
By the way thanks a lot! But I already fixed it through downloading and installing the v45 Custom Rom of Cherry Mobile Flare, thanks anyway