SD card damage, from 2gb --> 500mb.. does anyone know how to fix it? ive used AParted

OP kaiserlourdes

19th March 2014, 04:43 PM   |  #11  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7

243 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcussmith2626

well you can look at the manifest - you will need to resign the app if you change it

also the game must be for armv6 and android 2.3.6 or below unless you are running cm9 then 4.04 or below (but cm9 currently has no audio and I dont know if games run on it) - it wont install at all if the game is for amv7 only

and a game of 100mb is probably hd or armv7 only so even if you do get it installed the chance of it running smoothly on a galxy y 5360 is slim

i set automatically install and linked apps to SD card by link2SD...

probably most games, but ill try it on gio not on my galaxy y.

thanks! HIT
19th March 2014, 05:02 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 34

167 posts
What?? You want to install A 100mb game in SGY?? I am sure you are going to have a bad time..even if you Have cf3d

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiserlourdes

i set automatically install and linked apps to SD card by link2SD...

probably most games, but ill try it on gio not on my galaxy y.

thanks! HIT

At first it installs in internal memory,then only link2sd links it To second partion,even though you ticked Auto-link.
20th March 2014, 02:11 AM   |  #13  
OP Senior Member

243 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyamSGY

What?? You want to install A 100mb game in SGY?? I am sure you are going to have a bad time..even if you Have cf3d

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

At first it installs in internal memory,then only link2sd links it To second partion,even though you ticked Auto-link.

going to install it on my SG gio.

but i cant coz it still installs in internal memory eventhough i manifest it ti install in external.

in my friends i thinks its SG mini pocket, i saw his internal memory was 2.20GB..

mine was still 178mb.. even i partition 512mb...
20th March 2014, 09:37 AM   |  #14  
Recognized Contributor
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 2,470

4,596 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiserlourdes

going to install it on my SG gio.

but i cant coz it still installs in internal memory eventhough i manifest it ti install in external.

in my friends i thinks its SG mini pocket, i saw his internal memory was 2.20GB..

mine was still 178mb.. even i partition 512mb...

you mistake physical internel storage with virtual internal storage

just becase you have a 2nd sd card partition of xyz doesnt mean your internal storage increases - it doesnt - it stays exactly the same - this is physical storage - it never changes

what you are doing is creating virtual internal storage on your sd card - apps installed here act like they are on physical internal storage

you still need a large ammount of physical internel storage to install the app before it is moved/linked to virtual storage plus data is still stored on physical storage
20th March 2014, 03:10 PM   |  #15  
OP Senior Member

243 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcussmith2626

you mistake physical internel storage with virtual internal storage

just becase you have a 2nd sd card partition of xyz doesnt mean your internal storage increases - it doesnt - it stays exactly the same - this is physical storage - it never changes

what you are doing is creating virtual internal storage on your sd card - apps installed here act like they are on physical internal storage

you still need a large ammount of physical internel storage to install the app before it is moved/linked to virtual storage plus data is still stored on physical storage

thanks for that info, now i know that i cant install it.. sad..

but is it possible to increase internal memory? i checked my friends phone again and it really is 2.20GB internal memory

SG mini pocket..
21st March 2014, 05:10 AM   |  #16  
Flag most likely in school
Thanks Meter: 131

431 posts
More
Like what marcussmith said, it is virtual storage. Once he removes the SD card, the internal storage will return to its actual value.

If you REALLY want to increase internal storage legitimately, you will need to break the phone apart and replace the storage devices within. It would be better to buy a new phone than go through all the fuss just to increase physical legit storage and also the cost of buying the new storage might be enough to buy another phone... :P

And also you must find a storage device that fits into the casing of the phone. Wouldn't it be awkward using a phone with the chipsets bulging out of the phone casing?

Sent because I <3 Aerith
The Following User Says Thank You to NightRaven49 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread