I recently purchased a used Droid Razr Maxx from a co-worker. The lcd screen was cracked so I replaced it. I took apart the phone completely and reassembled it with the new screen in place. The phone turns on just fine, the Motorola icon shows up and it gets to the charging battery icon with 5%, but after a few hours of letting it charge, it stays at 5% and wont turn on. Keep in mind, the phone has been charging for two hours from the time this post was made.
My question is, did I somehow damage the battery when operating internally? I can replace the battery if needed.
Another question. If I damaged the motherboard, would the phone turn on at all?
I am kind of wondering if there is a certain thing I needed to do before plugging it in.
To answer any questions that might be asked: The battery was completely dead when I did repair the screen. The charger is a wall usb charger, not plugged into my computer. I did place all the components inside the phone, to the best of my knowledge. I have had experiences when it comes to internal repair.