Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,951 Members 52,850 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

NB4 OTA Help!

Tip us?

zhable
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6

DONATE TO ME
Exclamation NB4 OTA Help!

the NB4 build for the Note 3 was released near the end of February, but i still havent received the update on my Note 3.
I am on stock 4.3 (MJ5), unlocked with an Aio sim card (dont have access to an AT&T one).
If anyone has any ideas or can provide a way for me to update manually it would be much appreciated!
Have an AT&T Note 3, sign this petition to unlock our Bootloader! http://chn.ge/192KeHy
AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 3 32GB Black Factory Unlocked
On AT&T's 4G LTE Network (Cricket/Aio)

graydiggy
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2155

DONATE TO ME
You will have to have an AT&T SIM to pull it OTA.

Or... I believe you can use Kies to get it as well.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Lost in a paper bag again...

zhable
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6

DONATE TO ME
Aww looks like I gotta go to an att store, Kies says it's up to date. One good thing about Apple was software updates aren't carrier specific.
Have an AT&T Note 3, sign this petition to unlock our Bootloader! http://chn.ge/192KeHy

graydiggy
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2155

DONATE TO ME
There is nothing good about Apple.

AT&T will probably not upgrade it. If you have a friend with a SIM from AT&T, just pop it in and you should be able to update.

Lost in a paper bag again...

aygriffith
Old
Thanks Meter 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by graydiggy View Post
There is nothing good about Apple.

AT&T will probably not upgrade it. If you have a friend with a SIM from AT&T, just pop it in and you should be able to update.

Shouldn't he get it since AIO is running on the AT&T network? I get all the AT&T N3 updates on my device using a Straight Talk AT&T sim card.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Now...
Samsung Note 3 N900A(play)
Apple iPhone 5S 32GB(work)
Asus Nexus 7" 16GB & 32GB WiFi
Samsung Nexus 10 32GB
Apple iPad 4
Samsung 500t Tablet + Dock

Gone but mostly not forgotten...
6 Blackberries, HTC TP2, HTC Hero, HTC Evo 4G, Samsung Nexus S 9020T, Samsung Galaxy S2 T989, Samsung Galaxy Nexus 9250i, Apple iPhone 4s, HTC One X+, Asus Transformer TF300, Nokia Lumia 920, Samsung GT7 i987, Samsung GT27 GT-P3113, Samsung GN2 GT-N7100, Samsung GT10 GT-P7510, LG G Pro E980

zhable
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6

DONATE TO ME
well i just tried to use my brother's AT&T sim (he has an HTC 8X, I think), my phone registered AT&T as network, still shows "Software is up to Date". I dont think the AT&T card is necessary, and sadly I can't get this update through Kies as its an OTA only. odin maybe?

zhable
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6

DONATE TO ME
contacted AT&T by phone, told me the latest was MJ5. Contacted AIO and they made a support. Sounds like its back to roms.....well at least safestrap "roms" not actual ones. Should I just root and get safestrap or wait it out for NB4? (if i should go the safestrap route, any good roms on 4.4?)

scramble88
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Knoxraid

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app

neoman4426
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhable View Post
the NB4 build for the Note 3 was released near the end of February, but i still havent received the update on my Note 3.
I am on stock 4.3 (MJ5), unlocked with an Aio sim card (dont have access to an AT&T one).
If anyone has any ideas or can provide a way for me to update manually it would be much appreciated!
If you don't mind wiping your phone you can download the OTA file to your external SD, change the extension to .zip and flash it from recovery. Doing so that way will factory reset and wipe your internal storage, but it works. Whether or not it's worth the trouble of backing everything up then restoring it may or may not be another matter though.