Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,731 Members 41,173 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

dead internal memory

Tip us?

drlifewhy
Old
(Last edited by drlifewhy; 20th March 2014 at 04:07 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy dead internal memory

My grand Duos hangs on the GT-19082 startup screen and when i tried recovery i gives me red lines of E: Can't mount and when i try wiping or resetting it displays the same can't mount messages, and after trying to flash a new official rom it goes okay and after flashing when it is trying to boot it gives the same message, So i think the internal storage is dead cause i had the same problem before with Gt-i9000 and i solved it by removing the internal memory ic and flashing a 3 files rom on external Sd . Will this also work for grand duos or no please any help to save my phone and thanks in advance

And a screenshot is here but i'm not allowed to post a link
dropbox.co m/s/vbwn80x0a9pbkpm/2014-03-19%2003.18%20copy.jpg

jackeagle
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 707
Quote:
Originally Posted by drlifewhy View Post
My grand Duos hangs on the GT-19082 startup screen and when i tried recovery i gives me red lines of E: Can't mount and when i try wiping or resetting it displays the same can't mount messages, and after trying to flash a new official rom it goes okay and after flashing when it is trying to boot it gives the same message, So i think the internal storage is dead cause i had the same problem before with Gt-i9000 and i solved it by removing the internal memory ic and flashing a 3 files rom on external Sd . Will this also work for grand duos or no please any help to save my phone and thanks in advance

And a screenshot is here but i'm not allowed to post a link
dropbox.co m/s/vbwn80x0a9pbkpm/2014-03-19%2003.18%20copy.jpg
I guess u messed up with the internal partitions of internal memory..What exactly error u r getting can u say correctly plz???
The Following User Says Thank You to jackeagle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

drlifewhy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackeagle View Post
I guess u messed up with the internal partitions of internal memory..What exactly error u r getting can u say correctly plz???
Thanx for replying here is a screenshot of what is displayed
And i haven't made anything before this problem , the device fell down and then this problem started, and when it happened the device was on it's stock firm ware with no modifications
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-03-19 03.18 copy.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	199.7 KB
ID:	2640782  

jackeagle
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 707
Quote:
And i haven't made anything before this problem , the device fell down and then this problem started, and when it happened the device was on it's stock firm ware with no modifications
Its better if u give u r mobile to Samsung Officials for the repair since u said that it had fallen down it might have damaged ur mother board or any part...!! And I9000 method will not work in Grand Duos since these to r different devices and parameters r different...

drlifewhy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackeagle View Post
Its better if u give u r mobile to Samsung Officials for the repair since u said that it had fallen down it might have damaged ur mother board or any part...!! And I9000 method will not work in Grand Duos since these to r different devices and parameters r different...
I may consider doing this soon, i hoped i could do it by my self anyway thnx for helping out

amol8356
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
I think you should try to flash stock rom with PIT files.
Cz it may be possible that u messed up with the system partition while rooting or something else. So might give a try.
Bt at last..its ur own responsibility.

Sent from my GT-I9082 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app