Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,749 Members 48,822 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Waze issues

Tip us?

esheesle
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Default [Q] Waze issues

I've been using Waze for a while now. Previously on my Rezound and it worked great and more recently on my S4. If I'm not using bluetooth in the car it works just fine (announcing through phone speaker). If I have it connected through bluetooth though it will always chop off the first 15 seconds or so of the audio announcements. If the announcement is long enough I'll catch the tail end, but that's it. Poweramp plays just fine. Phone calls work fine as well. I've tried forcing waze to the phone speaker but that also doesn't seem to help.

Any ideas? It's by far the best app I've found for getting me to/from work in the fastest way possible.

ammjr71
Old
Thanks Meter 20

DONATE TO ME
Default I LOVE Waze

Quote:
Originally Posted by esheesle View Post
I've been using Waze for a while now. Previously on my Rezound and it worked great and more recently on my S4. If I'm not using bluetooth in the car it works just fine (announcing through phone speaker). If I have it connected through bluetooth though it will always chop off the first 15 seconds or so of the audio announcements. If the announcement is long enough I'll catch the tail end, but that's it. Poweramp plays just fine. Phone calls work fine as well. I've tried forcing waze to the phone speaker but that also doesn't seem to help.

Any ideas? It's by far the best app I've found for getting me to/from work in the fastest way possible.
But I've never used it with bluetooth. I've got my S4 jacked in to my stereo with one of those 3.5mm connectors and never have any trouble. If you have one of those in your car you might want to try that. You can grab one at wall world for $1.86 http://www.walmart.com/ip/Belkin-Min...ingMethod=p13n