Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,666 Members 39,513 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Is this the only tablet of it's kind?

Tip us?

Khar00f
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Is this the only tablet of it's kind?

Good day everyone,

I was shopping for a tablet when I came across this beauty. I'm looking for specific specs and this is the only one I found with such specs.

This is what I was looking for:

Snapdragon 800/ EXYNOS 5420
2GB/3GB RAM
1080P
10.1"

All I was able to find was 10.1 with 2560x1600 (or whatever it is). all 1080p res tablets were running last gen. Socs.

Reason I'm looking for no more than 1080p is because I believe it to be best performance quality ratio. 2500px rez is too much for current socs and they struggle to keep up with the res. When you do more than just Web browsing.

So far this Sony tablet is exactly what I'm looking for, does anyone know of any other models that provide those specs?

I was hoping for Samsung Galaxy line up, but so far either higher specs or lower resolution. So no go for me.

Thanks in advance,
Khar00f

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

Felimenta97
Old
Thanks Meter 2,318
Yes. Only one. And the S801 is pretty powerful to handle the higher resolution. The biggest problems would be battery... And this is a really awesome device. Go for it. Last gen Tab Z is really good. This must be way better

Sent from my SGP311 using Tapatalk

awilson77584
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felimenta97 View Post
Yes. Only one. And the S801 is pretty powerful to handle the higher resolution. The biggest problems would be battery... And this is a really awesome device. Go for it. Last gen Tab Z is really good. This must be way better

Does it have an SD slot and an HDMI interface?

Thanks!

Felimenta97
Old
Thanks Meter 2,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by awilson77584 View Post
Does it have an SD slot and an HDMI interface?

Thanks!
Yes, micro SD slot, up to 128 Gb (the new one from SanDisk) and a MHL-enabled MicroUSB port.

The Following User Says Thank You to Felimenta97 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

PsyMonkey
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felimenta97 View Post
Yes, micro SD slot, up to 128 Gb (the new one from SanDisk) and a MHL-enabled MicroUSB port.

Better even it has MHL 3.0
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_...L_3.0_features
http://www.engadget.com/2014/03/03/m...ony-xperia-z2/
The Following User Says Thank You to PsyMonkey For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Khar00f
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Any idea on availability in Canada?

ziprar
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I just bought xperia z1 compact not too long ago and its an awesome device I am now looking to replace my old note tablet.

Does anyone know how 801 (not sure if its released yet) handles or will handle 10 bit 1080 vids (mainly anime)? my phone plays 720p 10bit flawlessly.

cheers
ed

jm4cc
Old
(Last edited by jm4cc; 21st March 2014 at 02:16 PM.)
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khar00f View Post
Good day everyone,

I was shopping for a tablet when I came across this beauty. I'm looking for specific specs and this is the only one I found with such specs.

This is what I was looking for:

Snapdragon 800/ EXYNOS 5420
2GB/3GB RAM
1080P
10.1"

All I was able to find was 10.1 with 2560x1600 (or whatever it is). all 1080p res tablets were running last gen. Socs.

Reason I'm looking for no more than 1080p is because I believe it to be best performance quality ratio. 2500px rez is too much for current socs and they struggle to keep up with the res. When you do more than just Web browsing.

So far this Sony tablet is exactly what I'm looking for, does anyone know of any other models that provide those specs?

I was hoping for Samsung Galaxy line up, but so far either higher specs or lower resolution. So no go for me.

Thanks in advance,
Khar00f

Wow... Small world!
Just came for a read of this tablet and who do i find.. Khar00f from undernet

How are you ?

Take care.... L0giX / SASSS