Ask a question

No registration required

Issues Turning on the Screen

OP jwagman1

19th March 2014, 07:32 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

78 posts
Recently my LG G2 Verizon has started having an issue with turning on.

1. will no longer turn on by knock on. (knock off works)

2. when i push the power button on the back about 75% of the time the screen turns on then immediately turns off or turns off as soon as i touch the screen. I have to push it a bunch while touching the screen to get it to stay on and let me unlock it.

3. pulling down the notification bar from the top only pulls down partially then closes a lot of the time.

I have tried:

1. Uninstalling a bunch of apps, no success.

2. did a data reset and wiped everything. no success.

Running:
VS98011A
TWRP 2.6.3.2

When i first went into TWRP i tried to do a factory reset and it just sat there with an error that i could not mount the cache. Then i rebooted, went back in and this time did a data wipe and typed "yes" to verify. It got stuck trying to do that as well, but this time when i rebooted it was reset and i had to reenter all my account settings etc. But it is still having the same issue. I am wondering if there is something in the cache thats causing it and i wonder if it did not wipe the cache when it wiped the data.

At this point i just want the phone to work but not sure why TWRP is having issues. Has anyone else had any of these issues? Can anyone help with these issues?

I wouldnt mind flashing the VS98011B rom but i am not sure TWRP is working correctly and want to make sure it works right before i try to flash a new rom. Should i use CWM? if so how do i get from TWRP to CWM? i need some help.

Any advice is extremely appreciated.
20th March 2014, 12:49 AM   |  #2  
OP Member

78 posts
bump for help PLEASE.
20th March 2014, 01:47 AM   |  #3  
Flag johnson city
Thanks Meter: 5

84 posts
More
I had that issue with one of mine. 1st make.sure ure screen protector is not over the prox sensor 2nd case isnt over it and 3rd clean. With the knock off on feture when the screen is off the prox sensor is on so iff u gots ure phone in ure pocket and double tap it wont come on i was holding my hand over the sensor and it pissed me off so bad. If all else fail shut off knock on and it may work then if not u have a bad prox sensor its what ive read about and found out

If this helps remember the thanx
The Following User Says Thank You to TheMadScientist420 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th March 2014, 04:36 PM   |  #4  
OP Member

78 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadScientist420

I had that issue with one of mine. 1st make.sure ure screen protector is not over the prox sensor 2nd case isnt over it and 3rd clean. With the knock off on feture when the screen is off the prox sensor is on so iff u gots ure phone in ure pocket and double tap it wont come on i was holding my hand over the sensor and it pissed me off so bad. If all else fail shut off knock on and it may work then if not u have a bad prox sensor its what ive read about and found out

If this helps remember the thanx

Yea i think you are right about it being a bad prox sensor...
21st March 2014, 03:13 PM   |  #5  
Flag Southern CA
Thanks Meter: 825

2,969 posts
Donate to Me
More
You stock? If so, which version? Rooted?

Sent from my VS980 4G
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread