Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,666 Members 39,668 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] (Q) May I ask some question about N9005 international.

Tip us?
 
ricardoropez
Old
(Last edited by ricardoropez; 20th March 2014 at 03:39 PM.)
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 20
Join Date: Oct 2008
Default [Q] (Q) May I ask some question about N9005 international.

Today I brought N9005 and pre installed android version is 4.4.2
For N9005 with kitkat I am very very newbie. I would like to ask
some question as below.

1.Can I downgrade from kitkat to JB stock version without Knox trip.

2.My current basebandd 9s uena2 I have to root with kind of method
Cf root Or de la vega

Thank for all kind for answer my question.

Ps.Sorry for my bad English.
 
jaythenut
Old
#2  
jaythenut's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,509
Posts: 5,132
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardoropez View Post
Today I brought N9005 and pre installed android version is 4.4.2
For N9005 with kitkat I am very very newbie. I would like to ask
some question as below.

1.Can I downgrade from kitkat to JB stock version without Knox trip.

2.My current basebandd 9s uena2 I have to root with kind of method
Cf root Or de la vega

Thank for all kind for answer my question.

Ps.Sorry for my bad English.
You can't downgrade

Cf root will trip Knox
Vega won't trip Knox
 
ricardoropez
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 20
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaythenut View Post
You can't downgrade

Cf root will trip Knox
Vega won't trip Knox
Thanks for your answer. I will try to root with de la vega method.
As you told me I can not downgrade. In this case. If I flash with
custom rom JB version. What will going on.
 
Rosli59564
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 154
Posts: 425
Join Date: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardoropez View Post
Thanks for your answer. I will try to root with de la vega method.
As you told me I can not downgrade. In this case. If I flash with
custom rom JB version. What will going on.
Doesn't really matter if you flash from stock or custom
 
ricardoropez
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 20
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosli59564 View Post
Doesn't really matter if you flash from stock or custom
Baseband : N9005XXUENA2
Build number : KOT49H.N9005XXUENA6

This is my device detail. If I root with De la vega method and
using odin flash tool flash N9005XXUDMJ7 rom pack.
May it possible or not. I no need to use Kitkat because
my app and game not support Kitkat.

Thank you for answer.
 
Rosli59564
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 154
Posts: 425
Join Date: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardoropez View Post
Baseband : N9005XXUENA2
Build number : KOT49H.N9005XXUENA6

This is my device detail. If I root with De la vega method and
using odin flash tool flash N9005XXUDMJ7 rom pack.
May it possible or not. I no need to use Kitkat because
my app and game not support Kitkat.

Thank you for answer.
You're already on Kit Kat. Just root with cf auto root if you really need to use root. No knox friendly to root kit kat
 
celderic
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 187
Posts: 633
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: London
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardoropez View Post
Baseband : N9005XXUENA2
Build number : KOT49H.N9005XXUENA6

This is my device detail. If I root with De la vega method and
using odin flash tool flash N9005XXUDMJ7 rom pack.
May it possible or not. I no need to use Kitkat because
my app and game not support Kitkat.

Thank you for answer.
Dont do this.. itll brick your device until you flash a stock kitkat firmware onto it again.
MJ7 is a JB firmware.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to celderic For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
ricardoropez
Old
(Last edited by ricardoropez; 21st March 2014 at 08:59 AM.)
#8  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 20
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by celderic View Post
Dont do this.. itll brick your device until you flash a stock kitkat firmware onto it again.
MJ7 is a JB firmware.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Thanks you.
You meant my device cannot flash to JB ?
No method can help me for change from
Kitkat to JB.
 
ultramag69
Old
#9  
ultramag69's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 577
Posts: 4,459
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Waratah
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardoropez View Post
Thanks you.
You meant my device cannot flash to JB ?
No method can help me for change from
Kitkat to JB.
You can't go from Kitkat back to Jellybean.
Any thing you do to root it will trigger Knox.
If You Disagree Or Think I'm Wrong, Look Closer At My Avatar...
The Following User Says Thank You to ultramag69 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
antique_sonic
Old
#10  
antique_sonic's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,094
Posts: 2,100
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Corner of the earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardoropez View Post
Thanks you.
You meant my device cannot flash to JB ?
No method can help me for change from
Kitkat to JB.
as mentioned by ultramag69,
unfortunately the upgrade of the Android O/S since 4.3 and above is irreversible (one way ticket), due to sammy is keeping on developing its bootloader.
Not only saying 4.3 to 4.4. Even the same version of 4.3 got few bootloader patches, and the same 4.4 also have few bootloader patches. This bootloader things make the upgrade irreversible. Downgrading can cause you to bootloop (soft brick), & KNOX trip.

and there's no KNOX friendly root method for the newer bootloader 4.3 and above. If you need root, you will have to bear with the KNOX trip. If you want to keep the KNOX, don't root, and just use your device as per normal usage.

Cheers.
~WJ~
Learn.... Learn.... & Learn
Learn till you die, and you will die a happy man



Q & A for XNote Galaxy S5 (All Questions about X-Note Galaxy S5 PORT) :
[Q&A]X-Note G900F S5 PORT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Android M Mentions Spotted in Android Code Review

While we are still waiting for Android L to be officially released, the first mentions of … more

Create a Simple Custom Launcher from Scratch

When you are starting your journey intoany sort of development, it’s never easy at the … more

MediaTek Continues Steps Towards Being Developer-Friendly

Not too long ago MediaTek was very closed off towards the mobile developer … more