5,593,876 Members 46,605 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: What do you think of Hive ROM?
I like it! 2 100.00%
I prefer a different custom ROM. 0 0%
I prefer the stock ROM. 0 0%
I no longer have my Jetstream. 0 0%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

[ROM] [DeSensed] [AROMA] Hive

Tip us?

finniest
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublee313 View Post
My WiFi says ERROR. I followed your videos to a T and it doesn't match you stuff regarding it. Can you please help me get this working?
It looks like the kernel did not flash during the install process. This is not your fault and you are now the second person to report this. I have updated the workaround related to WiFi. You will need to manually flash the kernel -- instructions at the following link.

Let me know if you have any more problems.

doublee313
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by finniest View Post
It looks like the kernel did not flash during the install process. This is not your fault and you are now the second person to report this. I have updated the workaround related to WiFi. You will need to manually flash the kernel -- instructions at the following link.

Let me know if you have any more problems.
My friend. I spent 6 hours on this today, however learned a lot. I got your response after I got it working You should repost the Doomlord Kernel and Wifi in your post and put the manual instructions for it (as a backup).

I'm happy with the release thank you! Just a few suggestions:

1. You clean up the welcome screen. Maybe have a WASP or something a little more clean.
2. Please take away the sound. It's loud and I use it at night. Lol.
3. Update to a new Android if possible. I'm sure we will get outdated soon with this version.

Don't take this as negative. I'm just pointing a few personal suggestions out. Overall, I'm happy my Jetstream is finally useful (been in a box for 2 years).

finniest
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
1. You clean up the welcome screen. Maybe have a WASP or something a little more clean.
Unfortunately I don't have a lot of control over how the welcome screen looks. I don't think Google tried very hard when making the Android 3.x version(s).

Quote:
2. Please take away the sound. It's loud and I use it at night. Lol.
The Hive app or Changelog will tell you what file you need to delete for boot silence (../resource/android_sound.mp3).

Quote:
3. Update to a new Android if possible. I'm sure we will get outdated soon with this version.
That is probably beyond my talent, but perhaps a another ROM or kernel update is manageable.

Quote:
Overall, I'm happy my Jetstream is finally useful (been in a box for 2 years).
I'm glad to hear that it is getting some use again. Thanks for the suggestions and I hope that you enjoy using it again.

doublee313
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by finniest View Post
Unfortunately I don't have a lot of control over how the welcome screen looks. I don't think Google tried very hard when making the Android 3.x version(s).

The Hive app or Changelog will tell you what file you need to delete for boot silence (../resource/android_sound.mp3).

That is probably beyond my talent, but perhaps a another ROM or kernel update is manageable.

I'm glad to hear that it is getting some use again. Thanks for the suggestions and I hope that you enjoy using it again.
Thanks again. Your hard work makes others happy. I look forward to anything else you do with this device. To bad HTC dropped the ball because it's a solid unit. I'm just using it in bed now and can control my companies with my Teamviewer. Lazy and productive

I can tell you my friend worked for HTC and they laid him off. The company isn't doing well since Samsung came out hard. I was a loyal HTC fan, but the Galaxy is just a way better option (interface, updates). I hope they can come back, it's a tough market to be in.
Tags
aroma, desensed, htc, jetstream, rom