Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,150 Members 44,836 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC One RUU Problems

Tip us?

EasyTiger6x13
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Default HTC One RUU Problems

So I've searched this forum and other forums numerous times before I posted this. Androidcentral, amongst other forums, and i still can't find a solution to my many RUU problems.

Basically AT&T is making me send my phone back, I rooted it, S-Off, And my bootloader is currently unlocked. Every time I try and used RUU, I get errors ranging from Error 155, to Error 170. Sometimes RUU will begin to flash my phone back to stock. But then my phone hangs at the HTC One silver logo, and I have to restart the phone because it won't go any further.

I have tried to lock my bootloader, as well as unlock it, and S-Offed my phone and tried it with S-On and I am still getting numerous errors. It managed to start flashing once, and put me back on HBOOT 1.44, from HBOOT 1.55, and it seems like it doing that has made my problems worse.

I DO have the correct RUU exe for my phone, I'm certain of it, and now whenever I go to manually push the .ZIP file through ADB, it hangs on the screen that says waiting for device, or when I try and getvar as well.

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated. I'm usually very very very very knowledgeable about rooting and unrooting and going back to factory stock on numerous phones. But this is my first HTC.

S-Off
HBOOT 1.44 from 1.55
modelid: PN0712000
cid: CWS__001

nkk71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2717
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyTiger6x13 View Post
So I've searched this forum and other forums numerous times before I posted this. Androidcentral, amongst other forums, and i still can't find a solution to my many RUU problems.

Basically AT&T is making me send my phone back, I rooted it, S-Off, And my bootloader is currently unlocked. Every time I try and used RUU, I get errors ranging from Error 155, to Error 170. Sometimes RUU will begin to flash my phone back to stock. But then my phone hangs at the HTC One silver logo, and I have to restart the phone because it won't go any further.

I have tried to lock my bootloader, as well as unlock it, and S-Offed my phone and tried it with S-On and I am still getting numerous errors. It managed to start flashing once, and put me back on HBOOT 1.44, from HBOOT 1.55, and it seems like it doing that has made my problems worse.

I DO have the correct RUU exe for my phone, I'm certain of it, and now whenever I go to manually push the .ZIP file through ADB, it hangs on the screen that says waiting for device, or when I try and getvar as well.

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated. I'm usually very very very very knowledgeable about rooting and unrooting and going back to factory stock on numerous phones. But this is my first HTC.

S-Off
HBOOT 1.44 from 1.55
modelid: PN0712000
cid: CWS__001
Are you on Win8.1? hboot 1.44 doesn't play nice with Win 8.1

take a look at my guide (also the FAQs!!!), http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2541082

and use the RUU.ZIP method using: http://www.htc1guru.com/dld/ruu-zip-...26-502-12-zip/