Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,490 Members 50,365 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Is LG losing credibility again?

Tip us?

Jooosty
Old
Thanks Meter 93
Typing this on my KK updated LG G2 ... its really not that different haha

Sent from the LG G2
HTC ULTIMEIGHT!

sanke1
Old
Thanks Meter 82
I for one wouldn't want the KitKat update till the horrible "crackling/hissing in earphone" bug is fixed. I am fine with stock 4.2.2 and the best part is I can flash Philz touch recovery and install Mahdi's competent 4.4.2 rom.

AyDee
Old
Thanks Meter 842

DONATE TO ME
There are posts like this in almost every device forum during new android version rollouts. LG has released Kitkat ahead of its original schedule, your carrier is just dragging its feet.

robogo1982
Old
Thanks Meter 437
I have an international unlocked G2 and KitKat upgrade is available as an OTA download or via LG PC Suite, so... your argument is invalid.
| LG G2 | D802 | stock | 72 hrs on a single charge
| Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 | custom ROM | [sold]
| Sony Xperia Z | stock | [sold]
| Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 | custom ROM | [sold]
| Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 | stock | [sold]
| Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 | custom ROM | [sold]
| HTC Desire | stock | [sold]
| HTC Hero | stock | [sold]
:: i'm a lazy mug who doesn't update his signature that often ::

slayer3032
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike01nl View Post
Lg is dragging its feet on getting KITKAT out to the owners of simfree International versions of the LG G2...it seems all to familiar to owners of earlier promising LG handsets. KitKat does exist or our phones....so why do we not have it?
LG has THE WORST reputation for updates and it is proving that this reputation is deserved. I really do not understand why a company that is leading edge in all areas of Android development does not seem to understand that late deployment of updates HARMS its reputation and loose sales!

The KitKat firmware is there, put it on the servers!!!!!
People choose to trust LG by buying the phone simfree, so reward us with the quickest updates!

This Phone has done much to restore faith in LG and this dilly dallying is damaging the image turn around the G2 allowed.

What do other readers think? Is LG again reverting to type and deliberately avoiding updating Phones? LG works so closely with Google at the moment that there really is no excuse for being so late....Q1 is rapidly ending and they NEED to get this sorted TODAY!
Sorry to burst your bubble but LG already released all the Kitkat sources, it's now up to your provider or regional office. So if you want to file a complaint which it seems to be the UK region device, maybe you should go bitch at LG UK for being incompetent.

LG is a huge company, in overall comparison their phone divisions are very small. Someone at LG has obviously taken notice that they have a lot of potential and have been working extremely hard at transforming the LG brand of phones into something which rivals the current market giants. If you said a year ago that LG would be updating phones and would have the best phones on the market(G2/G Pro 2) everyone would laugh at you.

LG is going through a lot of expansion and maturing, you honestly can't expect for them to be on HTC/Samsung/Moto/Sony tier as up until 6 months ago the only decent phone they ever really made and supported was the Nexus 4 which is only the former. Give them another year, the G3 and another reiteration of flagship phones and they could really be on par. However until then there's still going to be plenty of teething issues since they've just finally entered the big boys market.

BackDaws
Old
Thanks Meter 168
Sorry what? *Yawn*

Sent from my LG-D802 using xda app-developers app

mike01nl
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer3032 View Post
Sorry to burst your bubble but LG already released all the Kitkat sources, it's now up to your provider or regional office. So if you want to file a complaint which it seems to be the UK region device, maybe you should go bitch at LG UK for being incompetent.

LG is a huge company, in overall comparison their phone divisions are very small. Someone at LG has obviously taken notice that they have a lot of potential and have been working extremely hard at transforming the LG brand of phones into something which rivals the current market giants. If you said a year ago that LG would be updating phones and would have the best phones on the market(G2/G Pro 2) everyone would laugh at you.

LG is going through a lot of expansion and maturing, you honestly can't expect for them to be on HTC/Samsung/Moto/Sony tier as up until 6 months ago the only decent phone they ever really made and supported was the Nexus 4 which is only the former. Give them another year, the G3 and another reiteration of flagship phones and they could really be on par. However until then there's still going to be plenty of teething issues since they've just finally entered the big boys market.
ALL very good points i will consider thinking before complaining next time!

frankbald
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I completely agree with you and I find the answer "KK is really the same as JB" really stupid, first of all it's not true, there are useful things introduced with KK and above all LG needs to fix a lot of bugs on this phone, so every update is welcome. Then the first reason I'm angry at LG is that the Korean version of the G2 got KK on december, and except little differences like the micro SD expansion card it's the same phone as in the rest of the world. And so LG needed 4 months to adapt it to the international version? Really? A big company like LG needs 4 months adapt a update for an identical phone? And then when the release finally arrives it's like this, someone a month earlier, someone like me (32 GB European version) still not, without any reason. After a Nexus One and a Nexus 4 I gave a chance to LG, but I think it'll be the last and only time