Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,925 Members 51,701 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to check if KNOX warranty voided

Tip us?

lahhh
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] How to check if KNOX warranty voided

Hi,

I have a samsung S4 in Australia.

I have been having issues whenever I download or update any app on the phone through the google store. I have spoke to samsung and they are going to take my phone into get repaired. I have rooted my phone using SUPERSU. Did a factory reset once it started playing up.

My question is how do I tell if my phone is KNOW void. I have red allot of the forums and they all show you what your phone looks like when it is void. 0x1 and when it is not 0x0.

But my phone when I go into download mode does not even have the KNOX lines.

The lines are as below, there is no mention of KNOX.

------
ODIN MODE
PRODUCT : GT-19505
SYSTEM STATYS: Official
CSB-CONFIG-LSB: 0x30
WRITE PROTECTION: ENABLED
---

However there is a KNOX icon in my applications through the settings of my phone.

How do I check to see if they are going to return it and say I have jail breaked it. If it is not KNOX-VOID then what else do I have to do to ensure they cant tell.

Regards,

KentC.
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hello,

Looking online for answers, I keep running into this thread. So I'll post here as well.

I have SGH-T999L [T-Mobile USA]

ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME: SGH-T999L
CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD: NO
CURRENT BINARY: Samsung Official
SYSTEM STATUS: Official
QUALCOMM SECUREBOOT: ENABLE
Warranty Bit: 0
BOOTLOADER RP SWREV: 1

Notice on this display I also lack the KNOX WARRANTY COUNTER: 0x0 or 0x1

I have Triangle Away and that shows Binary Counter = 0.

I also did a factory reset after rooting and everything is ok. I had issues once I rooted getting apps from Google Play. Simple reboot worked ok and phone has been stellar since. I just would like to know the full details of checking for a phone like the OP or mine.

I'll assume since mine has Warranty Bit = 0 I'm safe but confirmation would be nice.

Thank you,
Kent C.

Joku1981
Old
(Last edited by Joku1981; 21st March 2014 at 01:03 AM.)
Thanks Meter 546

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by lahhh View Post
Hi,

I have a samsung S4 in Australia.

I have been having issues whenever I download or update any app on the phone through the google store. I have spoke to samsung and they are going to take my phone into get repaired. I have rooted my phone using SUPERSU. Did a factory reset once it started playing up.

My question is how do I tell if my phone is KNOW void. I have red allot of the forums and they all show you what your phone looks like when it is void. 0x1 and when it is not 0x0.

But my phone when I go into download mode does not even have the KNOX lines.

The lines are as below, there is no mention of KNOX.

------
ODIN MODE
PRODUCT : GT-19505
SYSTEM STATYS: Official
CSB-CONFIG-LSB: 0x30
WRITE PROTECTION: ENABLED
---

However there is a KNOX icon in my applications through the settings of my phone.

How do I check to see if they are going to return it and say I have jail breaked it. If it is not KNOX-VOID then what else do I have to do to ensure they cant tell.

Regards,
You can be relaxed. Your phone is using one old bootloader (android 4.2.2), this means KNOX free. You have full warranty . You have to know that are 2 types of KNOX:
1. Knox bootloader -> Appears in DOWNLOAD MODE (KNOX:0X0 or KNOX:0X1).
- 0x0: Full warranty
- 0x1: Void warranty

2. Knox app -> Appears close to ur apps. This is an application for protect the phone

---------- Post added at 01:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by KentC. View Post
Hello,

Looking online for answers, I keep running into this thread. So I'll post here as well.

I have SGH-T999L [T-Mobile USA]

ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME: SGH-T999L
CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD: NO
CURRENT BINARY: Samsung Official
SYSTEM STATUS: Official
QUALCOMM SECUREBOOT: ENABLE
Warranty Bit: 0
BOOTLOADER RP SWREV: 1

Notice on this display I also lack the KNOX WARRANTY COUNTER: 0x0 or 0x1

I have Triangle Away and that shows Binary Counter = 0.

I also did a factory reset after rooting and everything is ok. I had issues once I rooted getting apps from Google Play. Simple reboot worked ok and phone has been stellar since. I just would like to know the full details of checking for a phone like the OP or mine.

I'll assume since mine has Warranty Bit = 0 I'm safe but confirmation would be nice.

Thank you,
Kent C.
In your case you have different model of phone. But is more or less same:
- Warranty Bit: 0 -> Full warranty
- Warranty Bit: 1 -> Void warranty

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CLICK "THANKS" BUTTON IF I HELPED YA

KentC.
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Sir,

Thank you very much! Your input is appreciated, scary at this is, this maybe the first thread online with this simple layout of information.

V.4.3 - Rooted using MrW0lf Root Vid on Youtube [If anyone wants the easy free way with Windows 8]