Prepare Your Nokia X2 for Battle with Nokia X2 Tools

Unveiled in June this year, the Nokia X2 is the Finnish companys second crack at an … more

Increase the Speaker Volume of Your Samsung Gear 2 with Tool and Tutorial

I think its pretty safe to say that any sound coming out of a … more

Unlock Hidden Camera Settings on Your Moto G

At one point in time or another, weve all gotten very fiddly with the camera settings on our … more

XDA Partners with LG for Developer Challenge

Many Android enthusiasts know the name LG. LG is the maker of some Google Nexus devices and some … more

Mobile Data Toggle????

21st March 2014, 04:52 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

21 posts
More
Hello all and good day. I wanted to ask this question on in the thread for the ROM I'm using but it said I could not. I am using the GUMMY M.1 ROM, 4.4.2, and would like to know how to add the 3G/Mobile Data quick toggle. I was able to add it in other ROMs using SQLite Editor but the same method on this ROM does not work. I just wanted to make sure I'm doing this correctly, or if there is more to it being on an AOSP 4.4.2 ROM. Thank you and any feedback will be appreciated.
22nd March 2014, 06:11 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member

21 posts
More
Thank you for moving to the correct place. Now,....anyone have any suggestions or info?
24th March 2014, 06:59 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

21 posts
More
Anything good folks of XDA?
26th March 2014, 11:24 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 16

185 posts
More
Cool widget and pulldown
Are you looking for the toggle that shows up on the notification pulldown or as a widget on your launcher?

If you're looking for one that shows up on the pulldown, you may be out of luck on a Samsung/Touchwiz rom, but most AOSP/CM based roms have a customization screen where you can pick exactly what toggles you want.

If you're looking for a widget to put on your launcher, there's a number of good ones that I've used. For just mobile data, "Data Enable Widget" by "FARPROC" is a good one, but for my Note2 running a Touchwiz based rom (which lacks a general "power" widget), I'm using "Powerful Control" (also by "FARPROC"). Both are available for free on the Android Market.

Best of luck.

b
28th March 2014, 03:05 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

21 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill720

Are you looking for the toggle that shows up on the notification pulldown or as a widget on your launcher?

If you're looking for one that shows up on the pulldown, you may be out of luck on a Samsung/Touchwiz rom, but most AOSP/CM based roms have a customization screen where you can pick exactly what toggles you want.

If you're looking for a widget to put on your launcher, there's a number of good ones that I've used. For just mobile data, "Data Enable Widget" by "FARPROC" is a good one, but for my Note2 running a Touchwiz based rom (which lacks a general "power" widget), I'm using "Powerful Control" (also by "FARPROC"). Both are available for free on the Android Market.

Best of luck.

b

Thank you very much. I am looking for one on the pull down. I had to add the 3G/MobiIe Data quick setting toggle using SQLite Editor on other ROMs. Though the method is the same, the options and or names to do so within the system are a little different on this AOSP ROM. I have a widget that works fine for the data toggle but hate having to come out of some apps to go to that widget when I could use the pull down and toggle the data.
28th March 2014, 06:23 AM   |  #6  
Flag houston, tx
Thanks Meter: 5,072

4,808 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluid_head

Thank you very much. I am looking for one on the pull down. I had to add the 3G/MobiIe Data quick setting toggle using SQLite Editor on other ROMs. Though the method is the same, the options and or names to do so within the system are a little different on this AOSP ROM. I have a widget that works fine for the data toggle but hate having to come out of some apps to go to that widget when I could use the pull down and toggle the data.

Most 4.4 roms allow you to add/change/arrange toggles in the settings menu. What rom are you using?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to jlmancuso For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th March 2014, 06:08 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

21 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlmancuso

Most 4.4 roms allow you to add/change/arrange toggles in the settings menu. What rom are you using?

[ROM][4.4.2] T.V - Gummy Rom M1.2
29th March 2014, 07:43 PM   |  #8  
Flag houston, tx

4,808 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluid_head

[ROM][4.4.2] T.V - Gummy Rom M1.2

Under system settings --- gummy interface you will find settings to add/remove/arrange your toggles. Not on it atm so cant give you exact instructions.

Almost every aosp 4.4 rom has the option to do this.

30th March 2014, 01:54 AM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member

21 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlmancuso

Under system settings --- gummy interface you will find settings to add/remove/arrange your toggles. Not on it atm so cant give you exact instructions.

Almost every aosp 4.4 rom has the option to do this.

Yes, very true. There is no option for a 3G/Data quick toggle though. An LTE one but it does not turn on or off. Plus the 4G/LTE is so spotty and weak here, I set the phone to use 3G.
30th March 2014, 02:51 AM   |  #10  
Flag houston, tx

4,808 posts
Donate to Me
More
There is an icon that looks like your signal bar and will have an x above it when data is off and say sprint when data is on. That is the toggle.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread