Galaxy Note 3 Lollipop Leak, Failed Find 5 Update – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 has been leaked! That and … more

Firefox OS Architecture and Collaboration Opportunities w/ Asa Dotzler – XDA:DevCon 2014

We were privileged to host many presentations … more

Unofficial Android 4.4 Lands on Three Mediatek Devices

For the last few years, devices with MTK systems-on-chip haven’t received much … more

MultiImagePicker Library for Multiple Image Selection

App developmentcan be done in more than a handful of ways. You can write every single … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Gmail Notifications driving me Crazy!

OP les_garten

20th March 2014, 08:28 PM   |  #1  
les_garten's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag South Florida
Thanks Meter: 181
 
940 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
I am using the stock Gmail client in KK.

I get a lot of mail a day. I handle it on my PC. But my phone is whistling all freakin' day long! I haven't figured out how to just shut off notifications for GMAIL. First I had to disable the LED because it was constant. Now notifications.

Is there a better client or a way to turn off just email notifications?

I just don't need hundreds of whistles a day!
20th March 2014, 08:37 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 95
 
970 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
Turn it to manual checking.

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to mike102871 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th March 2014, 08:40 PM   |  #3  
dwitherell's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 9,088
 
4,070 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by les_garten

I am using the stock Gmail client in KK.

I get a lot of mail a day. I handle it on my PC. But my phone is whistling all freakin' day long! I haven't figured out how to just shut off notifications for GMAIL. First I had to disable the LED because it was constant. Now notifications.

Is there a better client or a way to turn off just email notifications?

I just don't need hundreds of whistles a day!

In Gmail - hit menu, go to Settings > click on your email address. You can uncheck notifications, or you can click on Inbox sound & vibrate and change the Sound from there. Is that what you were meaning? Apologies if not.
The Following User Says Thank You to dwitherell For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th March 2014, 08:47 PM   |  #4  
les_garten's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag South Florida
Thanks Meter: 181
 
940 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwitherell

In Gmail - hit menu, go to Settings > click on your email address. You can uncheck notifications, or you can click on Inbox sound & vibrate and change the Sound from there. Is that what you were meaning? Apologies if not.

I think that was it.

Silly me, I was looking under general settings!
20th March 2014, 09:39 PM   |  #5  
Limeybastard's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Spring Hill, FL
Thanks Meter: 75
 
871 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by les_garten

I think that was it.

Silly me, I was looking under general settings!


Welcome back, when are you going to join the darkside as I did and leave ATT?
20th March 2014, 09:43 PM   |  #6  
les_garten's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag South Florida
Thanks Meter: 181
 
940 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limeybastard

Welcome back, when are you going to join the darkside as I did and leave ATT?

Heh, don't think that is gonna happen any time soon.

I've always had issues with TMO's coverage and now that ATT is responding to competition from TMO, at least their plan is a "little" better than it was before.
21st March 2014, 04:36 PM   |  #7  
dragonstalker's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Grovetown, Ga
Thanks Meter: 1,273
 
1,834 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2008
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by les_garten

Heh, don't think that is gonna happen any time soon.

I've always had issues with TMO's coverage and now that ATT is responding to competition from TMO, at least their plan is a "little" better than it was before.

Lol Les you are family regardless. We love you over here.
21st March 2014, 05:58 PM   |  #8  
les_garten's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag South Florida
Thanks Meter: 181
 
940 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonstalker

Lol Les you are family regardless. We love you over here.

I try, but the pull from the darkside is strong!

Phone service is good on ATT, data is weaker for the most part. That stems from the success of ATT's initial iPhone monopoly and over subscription of their network. It looks like they won't fix that till they think they are losing subs over it.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes