Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,007 Members 40,462 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Is this normal?

Tip us?

weddywie
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by weddywie View Post
<br />
<br />
mine looks just like your screen shot. light on the left, darker on the right (gradient). as for the keyboard im not sure. i always use SwiftKey and never used the stock keyboard. try a different keyboard and see if the gradient appears on it as well. it shouldn't
I tried swiftkey, the stock keyboard and Google keyboard and yeah the gradient is always there no matter what keyboard I use.

Thank you guys. Guess will just have to live with it.[/QUOTE]

weddywie
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonstalker View Post
I tried swiftkey, the stock keyboard and Google keyboard and yeah the gradient is always there no matter what keyboard I use.

Thank you guys. Guess will just have to live with it.
I have read other posters ( I think on Amazon Note 3 reviews ) about this being a problem on some of the phones. Notably when there are dark screens you can see light on one side and dark on the other. Like the color is fading across the display.[/QUOTE]

After reading your comment now I might exchange it while I still have couple days left to exchange it. Thanks

Sorry about double post, I'm having trouble with xda even for thanks button.

XmentalX
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Just a heads up if there is an issue with your lcd a screenshot will not replicate it as the screen is grabbed from the framebuffer you will need to grab a shot of the issue with a digital camera.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
Goodbye Sprint on 2/1/12 - Hello T-Mobile!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XmentalX For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Limeybastard
Old
Thanks Meter 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by XmentalX View Post
Just a heads up if there is an issue with your lcd a screenshot will not replicate it as the screen is grabbed from the framebuffer you will need to grab a shot of the issue with a digital camera.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
Kinda a sorta true. My S4 had those verticle lines going down the screen when a grey background was displayed. Screen shot did show it. However when my Note 3 went green hue once the screen shot as you quiet rightly mentioned did not show it.