5,593,650 Members 40,138 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD][UNOFFICIAL] Tripple Swap - Turbo Booster ( System , Cache , Data )

Tip us?

Protogon
Old
Thanks Meter 26
So, after a bit of testing, it seems like you need a TON of swap space for this to be effective (at least on Sense 5). The disadvantage to this swap method, it seems, is that unless you select a ton of swap space, your phone will grind to a halt as soon as RAM and swap are filled up. I'm running with about 425MB of swap, and while this delays the lag for a bit, it's not perfect.

Maybe this, in combination with some init.d scripts to tweak the minfree settings and stuff would work really well, so I'll report back after some tweaking.

Also, the aroma script isn't actually tailored to our devices. We have about 250MB of cache space, and only about ~30-40MB of it is really used at any given time. The aroma script hangs if I try to install anything larger than a 120MB swap file there, however. Installing larger swaps to /system and /data work all right, though. You're going to need that space if you're going to use this, so have at it.
HTC One X [MSM8960]
S-OFF | HBOOT 2.18
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Protogon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

paras33
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Agree with above...

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda premium

talalz94
Old
Thanks Meter 0
does this works for htc one v ( gsm ) ignorance v4 rom with a mod ... tk kernel

24ky
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1166

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by talalz94 View Post
does this works for htc one v ( gsm ) ignorance v4 rom with a mod ... tk kernel
You will needed to add support yourself. Meaning you will have to edit files before it will work on the One v

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

[CENTER]Want to help? Want to keep Kickdroid going? Buy me a beer, help a thirsty fella while he works for you