Tip us?

mikep2323
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by eZdubzitmk4 View Post
These are note 2 keyboards.

Sent from my lightning fast Note II running MeanBean 2.0 SuperCharged
ThAnks i just figured a apk is a apk and didnt think it would matter with the size.i tried one for note 3 also and it worked but was smaller.

DoctorQMM
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikep2323 View Post
I've been trying to flash on galaxy note 3 2014 edition and it isn't working, I just recently updated Samsung keyboard, can that be the problem? I uninstalled update and tried to flash again and still won't work.Any suggestions?
N3 has a different keyboard apk (SamsungIME.apk) from the N2. I actually got a request a few months ago for a N3 TW keyboard mod.. I had that user forward a copy of their stock N3 SamsungIME.apk.. and modded it for him. He wanted a grey key orange border and grey key green border modification. You can try those to see if you like and if they work. These are NOT flashable zips... but a zip that just compresses files (including the samsungIME.apks). Just unzip (using 7-Zip for example) and copy the SamsungIME.apk to your phone (/system/app folder). I recommend doing a backup first (and copy your current samsungIME.apk to a safe place before overwriting it) just in case you need to get back to where you are today.

See if these work... again, move to /system/app folder... replace current samsungIME.apk (but copy that one first somewhere else)...fix permission to rw.r..r.., the reboot.

in this compressed zip is an orange border key theme and a green border key theme.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...0Keyboards.zip
The Following User Says Thank You to DoctorQMM For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mikep2323
Old
(Last edited by mikep2323; 12th March 2014 at 07:49 PM.) Reason: add more
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorQMM View Post
N3 has a different keyboard apk (SamsungIME.apk) from the N2. I actually got a request a few months ago for a N3 TW keyboard mod.. I had that user forward a copy of their stock N3 SamsungIME.apk.. and modded it for him. He wanted a grey key orange border and grey key green border modification. You can try those to see if you like and if they work. These are NOT flashable zips... but a zip that just compresses files (including the samsungIME.apks). Just unzip (using 7-Zip for example) and copy the SamsungIME.apk to your phone (/system/app folder). I recommend doing a backup first (and copy your current samsungIME.apk to a safe place before overwriting it) just in case you need to get back to where you are today.

See if these work... again, move to /system/app folder... replace current samsungIME.apk (but copy that one first somewhere else)...fix permission to rw.r..r.., the reboot.

in this compressed zip is an orange border key theme and a green border key theme.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...0Keyboards.zip
Thanks,ill try after work to see if it works.I did use a note 3 one i found and it was about 3/4 of my screen.Usually it goes across the whole bottom.I have a 10 inch note 3 so will this one still work

Edit=It worked but it makes the keyboard smaller,I'm assuming cause I have a 10 in. tablet Is there a way I can change the size of it in the apk file?Or would i need to modify my apk file.Thanks

oneders65
Old
Thanks Meter 38
I was trying to use the semi transparent color keys with a photo background. With 4.1.2 keyboards that was easy. Can it be done with the 4.3 keyboard? I have not been able to figure it out. Help please.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app
HTC ERIS - ROOTED
TT v8

It's not the size of the dog in the fight! It's the size of the fight in the dog in the fight!!

DoctorQMM
Old
(Last edited by DoctorQMM; 19th March 2014 at 11:48 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneders65 View Post
I was trying to use the semi transparent color keys with a photo background. With 4.1.2 keyboards that was easy. Can it be done with the 4.3 keyboard? I have not been able to figure it out. Help please.
I have a suspicion what is different... but cannot confirm it. In 4.1.2 SamsungIME.apk, the keyboard background image is "qwerty_keypad_bg.png". The portrait image dimension is 720x444 pixels, while the landscape image dimension is 1280x316 pixels. you could reduce a photo to these dimensions (with a 1pixel border) to get a photo image keyboard background. HOWEVER, in 4.3 SamsungIME.apk, the keyboard background image is on 8x508 pixels (portrait) while the landscape is 8x358 pixels. Keyboard background image is named "qwerty_keypad_bg.9.png" (and as you probably know, ".9" images can reek havoc when being modified). You would have to shrink down your photo image to only 8 pixels wide (not sure that is even possible). I believe the xml/smali code must call the background png multiple times to paint the background image (i.e, display this 8x508 png 90 times in order to get a 720x508 on a horizontal plane image), while in 4.1.2, it probably only calls it once. Again, just my guess, but as you can see, quite a difference between the width of the 4.1.2 background png (720pixels) vs the 4.3 background png (8 pixels). I only modified the 4.3 background image png (qwerty_keypad_bg.9.png) which again is 8x508, yet it filled the entire width of the keyboard background (thus, the code must call it multiple times to draw).

oneders65
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Makes sense. Thanks for the tip and the information.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app
HTC ERIS - ROOTED
TT v8

It's not the size of the dog in the fight! It's the size of the fight in the dog in the fight!!

ShrekOpher
Old
Thanks Meter 80
Would love a clear keyboard. Any chance you could do something like that? With blue outline and blue or white letters.

Just a thought not a demand.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

premiatul
Old
Thanks Meter 216
Thank you, love them all!

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium

ShyZad
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default keyboard background for galaxy s4 mini duos gt i9192

HELLO
DEAR EXPERTS
I'VE GT-i9192 (GALAXY S4 MINI DUOS)
AND WANT TO CHANGE BACKGROUND OF KEY BOARD AND TYPING AREA IN SMS
I ALREADY DOWNLOAD SAMSUNGIME.APK BUT THAT NOT WORKING ON S4 MINI DUOS SO PLZ SOME 1 HELP ME TO DO THAT
I ATTACHED IMAGES OF S2 KEYBOARD TYPE I WANT THIS N S4 MINI DUOS
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-03-03 01.52.18.png
Views:	48
Size:	247.0 KB
ID:	2699292   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-03-03 01.52.51.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	2699293   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-03-03 01.53.58.png