Ask a question

No registration required

Need Suggestions

OP RamachandranProgrammer

19th March 2014, 04:54 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
HI i have android app development experience for 2 years.

I understand the framework but when it comes to typical situation when i think it would have been better if more android internals were given or more documentation was available.

So my question is for app developers what is the next stage for learning in android development So that we have deeper understanding of the framework and solve typical issues as well. for eg

Activity finish() dismissis and removes the dialog in that activity but i could not find any docs regarding this. so i was in dilemna what to do?

Please help how to advance more into android and if possible please give links to study material or links where i can get a path

Thanks
20th March 2014, 05:17 PM   |  #2  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 392

1,079 posts
Donate to Me
More
So this was the question I got after my all app compiling and decompile for 3 months.

So I was just a app modifier,and I thought about being app developer,I mean creater.

So I googled and learnt the coding(toughest part) and iam now a good developer who is on the way of development.

And for ur question finish();
All those datas are in java format packed as class.dex,you must open that to see the source file as java.
However u can see .smali file wen u decompile any app which you/me/ can't understand....(those r derived from java)

Offff good question:thumbup::thumbup:

visit www.fb.com/softcrush
21st March 2014, 05:41 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 429

1,145 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamachandranProgrammer

HI i have android app development experience for 2 years.

I understand the framework but when it comes to typical situation when i think it would have been better if more android internals were given or more documentation was available.

So my question is for app developers what is the next stage for learning in android development So that we have deeper understanding of the framework and solve typical issues as well. for eg

Activity finish() dismissis and removes the dialog in that activity but i could not find any docs regarding this. so i was in dilemna what to do?

Please help how to advance more into android and if possible please give links to study material or links where i can get a path

Thanks

My number one snag I would do, if I could go back to when I started, would be "Learn what a Context is, and the different types" which coincidentally relates to why a dialog hung of a context does disappear
21st March 2014, 10:44 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 1

11 posts
Hi,

Stackoverflow.com is a good source of information to resolve doubts.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread