5,814,981 Members 40,183 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Anyone tried to use the Google enhanced launcher? From N5?

Tip us?

steadly2004
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 56
Default Anyone tried to use the Google enhanced launcher? From N5?

I have a nexus 5, and love the newer KK launcher. I have my tf701 ordered and shipped but not delivered yet. Just wondering if anybody tried using the launcher?

http://nexus7.wonderhowto.com/how-to...ablet-0149714/

Looks like it works with other tablets and phones too. It adds a Google now screen if you swipe all the way to the left and makes the bottom bar through. I don't it would hurt anything seeing as it is just an APK. Shouldn't need root or anything like that.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

sbdags
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 13,002

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by steadly2004 View Post
I have a nexus 5, and love the newer KK launcher. I have my tf701 ordered and shipped but not delivered yet. Just wondering if anybody tried using the launcher?

http://nexus7.wonderhowto.com/how-to...ablet-0149714/

Looks like it works with other tablets and phones too. It adds a Google now screen if you swipe all the way to the left and makes the bottom bar through. I don't it would hurt anything seeing as it is just an APK. Shouldn't need root or anything like that.

I thought it needed KitKat to work?

steadly2004
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 56
I think it will work on anything with jelly bean or newer. I'm not a hundred percent sure though. When I get my tablet in I will install it and give it a try.

Here's another thread about it.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2506488

I think a lot of it had to do with the Google Play services that were provided now. If you update completely Google now Google Voice, I think the google it. Launcher installed with just one apk.

Jerry1996
Old
(Last edited by Jerry1996; 21st March 2014 at 10:24 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2
I'm still on version 0.9.6.886092 because i can't update the google now launcher, probably because the TF701 doesn't has 4.4 yet. But it works fine =)

Edit: I've tried it again and now I'm running the latest version of the Google now launcher.

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

steadly2004
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry1996 View Post
I'm still on version 0.9.6.886092 because i can't update the google now launcher, probably because the TF701 doesn't has 4.4 yet. But it works fine =)

Edit: I've tried it again and now I'm running the latest version of the Google now launcher.

It it working with the integrated Google now? Where you swipe to the left to get to the automatically created\updated cards?

Jerry1996
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Yes, everything is working =)

The Following User Says Thank You to Jerry1996 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]